Author Topic: Mikkel Rude  (Read 480 times)

Robin_Wick

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Mikkel Rude
« on: July 01, 2018, 10:07:17 PM »
Been hearing a few rumours about supremely gifted Mod/skin shirtmaker Mikkel Rude...

Has he stopped / is about to stop making clothes? Anyone know?

Facebook is only updated sporadically...

pie and mash

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Re: Mikkel Rude
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2018, 10:25:55 PM »
I posted the same thread a week or so ago mate , the stock hasn`t been updated in years .
There is an interview on the Modculture site , where they talk of him recently stocking knitware and boots ,but this happened a good four years ago ,so could well be a rehashed interview and is certainly well out of date.
There is no reply from customer services to emails either, Mikkel himself used to always reply . Its a massive shame because no one else made shirts like him in that price range.

Bill The Pill

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2018, 02:56:06 AM »
I had heard from a pal that Mikkel was taking a year off,stepping away from the business to recharge his batteries so to speak,but that must have been nearly 2 years ago now,as you say, shame,decent shirts.

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2018, 09:49:53 AM »
I love this fellas stuff. Have a number of his shirts and agree with pretty much everyone re the great collar size, patterns and general cut too. Shame if he's jacked it in or is on 'sabbatical' for any extended length of time. There are of course decent alternatives out there but I do agree his stuff is class.

pie and mash

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2018, 11:13:59 AM »
I love this fellas stuff. Have a number of his shirts and agree with pretty much everyone re the great collar size, patterns and general cut too. Shame if he's jacked it in or is on 'sabbatical' for any extended length of time. There are of course decent alternatives out there but I do agree his stuff is class.

The only alternatives that i know of are either Art Gallery ,( the xl is just a little too snug and the xxl is too big and not as good quality as MR ) same goes for Brutus ,and then JTG which are a decent quality but just too skinny fit for me ( and practically everyone i know ! ) . Most fellas in their late 40s /early 50s arnt as skinny as we were in our teens , and we must be the target market ,i would have thought .Mikkel Rude got the cut and style just right ,as far as i`m concerned.
So any other alternatives that you know in the mid price range would be greatly appreciated ...

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2018, 12:43:28 PM »
P&M: There is no absolute like for like alternative to MR shirts I simply meant there are similar alternatives but as you note they all have their own little idiosyncracies in terms of style or sizing. Good luck in your hunt fella.

pie and mash

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2018, 04:29:32 PM »
Cheers Martin ,
Never tried Britac ,so might give them a shout

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2018, 06:26:58 PM »
Well, I'm not that impressed with his shirts (the skinhead vibe leaves me cold, tbh, and I prefer mine slim-fit if possible), but I think you fellas would like to know that the lad is alive and well and the site is still active, unless Dave has upload by mistake an old interview with him in the MC site.

http://www.modculture.co.uk/interview-mikkel-rude-shirtmaker-2/

pie and mash

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2018, 08:44:25 PM »
Well, I'm not that impressed with his shirts (the skinhead vibe leaves me cold, tbh, and I prefer mine slim-fit if possible), but I think you fellas would like to know that the lad is alive and well and the site is still active, unless Dave has upload by mistake an old interview with him in the MC site.

http://www.modculture.co.uk/interview-mikkel-rude-shirtmaker-2/

The shirts are still nicely tapered ,just not skinny fit.
As for the interview ,as i said ,its obviously old hat , because they are talking about releases that came out 4 years ago

The Laird of Enfield

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2018, 10:13:40 PM »
Wid Gregory Farmer shirts huv been seen as an alternative?

Unfortunately thir website is currently dormant n'aw.