Author Topic: Jeggae shirts / garments  (Read 988 times)

pie and mash

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Jeggae shirts / garments
« on: July 27, 2018, 02:21:31 AM »
Anyone bought anything from Jeggae Garments ?
 They reckon they`re hand made shirts ,done to the late sixties cut , ie 4 finger collar roll ,darts, full box pleat , locker loop ,etc
Theyve got a "Jeggae " label on the breast pocket , which would need to be taken off ,if the shirt is any good .
But for 38 including postage from Malaysia ,is well doable ,if the sizing and quality is there
ive ordered one ,and i`ll let you know how that s gone................

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Re: Jeggae shirts / garments
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2018, 12:22:25 PM »
Good luck with it mate. Keep us up on how it turns out. As you say there are positive and negative to this sort of deal. Cheap enough and to the style fellas like us want. But other side of the World, label on pocket sort of thing. Not sure if you've ever tried them but although the patterned Paisley stuff is a bit on the naff side Relco window pane, tartan type or gingham stuff ain't bad for the money and not dissimilar from this mob's stuff. I've had a few of those in the past and really ain't bad for the price. On the plus side they are UK based, can be bought from most 'Mod' related shops or dealers and don't have any branding on them.

Col Wolfe

• East Anglia
    • View Profile
    • >>> Spoke Records <<<
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2018, 03:26:53 PM »
Often tempted by a shirt maker on another continent but the logo puts me off...

http://www.upsettclothing.com/index.html

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2018, 03:33:37 PM »

They look a lot like Britac (spanish) shirts, logo included.

Col Wolfe

• East Anglia
    • View Profile
    • >>> Spoke Records <<<
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2018, 05:08:27 PM »

They look a lot like Britac (spanish) shirts, logo included.

Larger collars and nice trim details to Britac, I think.  Logo is horrible and not a fan of coloured buttons either.

BrianB

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2018, 07:02:52 PM »
I've seen the upsetter ones around town before,  but wasn't too into them for the embroidered emblem. Curious to hear reports on the jeggae ones though.
Initials B.B.

pie and mash

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2018, 01:24:34 AM »
Good luck with it mate. Keep us up on how it turns out. As you say there are positive and negative to this sort of deal. Cheap enough and to the style fellas like us want. But other side of the World, label on pocket sort of thing. Not sure if you've ever tried them but although the patterned Paisley stuff is a bit on the naff side Relco window pane, tartan type or gingham stuff ain't bad for the money and not dissimilar from this mob's stuff. I've had a few of those in the past and really ain't bad for the price. On the plus side they are UK based, can be bought from most 'Mod' related shops or dealers and don't have any branding on them.

Relco shirts are good value ,no doubt .Some of their window pane checks are really nice , Ive had a few over the years ,but i`m trying the Jeggae shirt in the hope its a bit better quality . On the subject of Relco ,i was very impressed with the quality of their Sta Press  ( and you don`t need to size up  ),
 When the shirt arrives ,i`ll report back .

BrianB

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2018, 02:20:17 PM »
Did you ever receive the shirt?
Initials B.B.

pie and mash

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2018, 12:33:18 PM »
Did you ever receive the shirt?

Sorry for the late reply Brian ,ive been in Corfu for the last couple of weeks.
Yes , it arrived while i was away , got to say im very pleased with it too . Lovely burnt orange window pain check , good quality for the money , i`d say better quality than a Brutus ,certainly much better quality than a Relco . Nice roll on the collar ,they described it as a 4 finger roll ,but i would say more like a generous 3 finger .
I will definately be ordering more from them .
Now ive got to get that label off the pocket !

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2018, 06:20:50 PM »
Glad they came through for you mate. Shame you have to lark about unpicking logos let's see the finished article when you done it fella. Be interested to see how it all looks.