Author Topic: A Very Secret Service - Netflix TV show  (Read 694 times)

Ady C

• Just joined
    • View Profile
A Very Secret Service - Netflix TV show
« on: August 09, 2018, 07:41:40 PM »
Anyone else watched this? It's into the 2nd series, it's a French comedy with English subtitles set in a Government department in the early 60s and worth a look for the beautiful set designs. Some lovely suits as well.
And will you shorten the sleeves, love? I'm not a gorilla.

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Re: A Very Secret Service - Netflix TV show
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2018, 12:24:15 PM »
Not seen it mate but may have a look. There is also that French 007 spoof series of films with a character called 117. Set in late 50s/early 60s and the fella in it looks the absolute business. Very much like how 007 was often drawn on book covers and stuff before Connery gave him physical form in the movies.

detroitmike

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2018, 11:46:14 AM »
started watching this the other day, thanks for the heads up, Ady  8) !
mod in Detroit

Ian_B

• Old Man Ian
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2018, 06:02:08 PM »
Anyone else watched this? It's into the 2nd series, it's a French comedy with English subtitles set in a Government department in the early 60s and worth a look for the beautiful set designs. Some lovely suits as well.

Thanks for the heads up ... took the month's trial on Netflix so I could watch this and am really enjoying it, I'm currently half way through the first series (I'm loving the running gag about Merlaux's suit ;) )

« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 06:05:40 PM by Ian_B »
Grammar = the difference between knowing your s**t, and knowing you're s**t!

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2018, 09:01:10 AM »

I'll take a look, Ady, thanks for the heads up.

Ady C

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2018, 04:07:30 PM »

Thanks for the heads up ... took the month's trial on Netflix so I could watch this and am really enjoying it, I'm currently half way through the first series (I'm loving the running gag about Merlaux's suit ;) )

Ian - Netflix now has all nine series of Archer as well!  Whataguy!!  He invented the black roll neck sweater! And Pammy's a girl that you'd want on your side  ;)

Ian_B

• Old Man Ian
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2018, 09:55:15 PM »

Ian - Netflix now has all nine series of Archer as well!  Whataguy!!  He invented the black roll neck sweater! And Pammy's a girl that you'd want on your side  ;)

DANGER ZONE!!!
Grammar = the difference between knowing your s**t, and knowing you're s**t!

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2018, 10:23:57 AM »

Watched 3 episodes last night, good stuff. The instalment about african countries seeking for their independence is hilarious and very un-pc (which is a huge bonus). Clothes and set designs are terrific too.

Ady C

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2018, 04:40:41 PM »
As mentioned by Martin, if you've not seen them then the two OSS 117 films,  Cairo, Nest of Spies and Lost in Rio, are well worth a look; similar style and sense of un-PC humour

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2018, 05:12:38 PM »
As mentioned by Martin, if you've not seen them then the two OSS 117 films,  Cairo, Nest of Spies and Lost in Rio, are well worth a look; similar style and sense of un-PC humour

They won't be so easy to find, I guess (my other half talked me into Netflix some months ago), but I put them on my list of "must-watch", Ady, thanx.