Author Topic: BANK HOLIDAY STUFF!!  (Read 558 times)

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
BANK HOLIDAY STUFF!!
« on: August 28, 2018, 12:50:54 PM »
So, one of the big weekends for guys and gals into our stuff has come and gone once again. I understand there was stuff going on in Worthing, gigs in London, Brighton of course and the usual fun and games on IOW. How did it go for those who attended any of the events? My weekend was a bit quieter than usual as family stuff kept us away from staying over as we usually do but we did get down to Brighton Saturday evening. Small Fakers at Pryzm a new venue for me at least. Early start to allow the venue to get in the usual 'raving teenage' punters at 10.30 but it actually suited me and my other half. The Fakers have a couple of members who do a Who 'Mod Years' tribute too and they acted as support. I know tributes aren't to all tastes but I think most agree these guys are something else. Great gig and crowd although it has to be said they attract a little bit of what some would call 'Comedy' elements. However it never detracted from my enjoyment as these sort generally keep themselves to themselves and just want to enjoy themselves. After that we were off to Dave Edwards' SEA-SIDEWINDER. (D'ya see what he did there?). Great music from Dave, Paul Anderson, Eddie Piller and other usual suspects. Great across the board stuff from the obscure to the obvious but to me that is what provides the best entertainment. The venue is usually a pizza place I think but tables were cleared for the night and it was a packed house. Even though we were there just a few hours I had the chance to meet pals and even have a bit of a dance. So! What about the rest of you guys?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 12:54:03 PM by Martin G »

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
Re: BANK HOLIDAY STUFF!!
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2018, 03:53:56 PM »
So, one of the big weekends for guys and gals into our stuff has come and gone once again. I understand there was stuff going on in Worthing, gigs in London, Brighton of course and the usual fun and games on IOW. How did it go for those who attended any of the events? My weekend was a bit quieter than usual as family stuff kept us away from staying over as we usually do but we did get down to Brighton Saturday evening. Small Fakers at Pryzm a new venue for me at least. Early start to allow the venue to get in the usual 'raving teenage' punters at 10.30 but it actually suited me and my other half. The Fakers have a couple of members who do a Who 'Mod Years' tribute too and they acted as support. I know tributes aren't to all tastes but I think most agree these guys are something else. Great gig and crowd although it has to be said they attract a little bit of what some would call 'Comedy' elements. However it never detracted from my enjoyment as these sort generally keep themselves to themselves and just want to enjoy themselves. After that we were off to Dave Edwards' SEA-SIDEWINDER. (D'ya see what he did there?). Great music from Dave, Paul Anderson, Eddie Piller and other usual suspects. Great across the board stuff from the obscure to the obvious but to me that is what provides the best entertainment. The venue is usually a pizza place I think but tables were cleared for the night and it was a packed house. Even though we were there just a few hours I had the chance to meet pals and even have a bit of a dance. So! What about the rest of you guys?

Good review, Martin. Sometimes I miss being closer to the scene, the do's and events announced here, but then I think I wouldn't be the smartest guy around anymore, lol!

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2018, 04:25:32 PM »
Hi mate. Maybe one year you and the Missus should come over. Brighton is now a bit of a hit and miss affair but there is enough variety to suit everyone regardless of what door you used to enter this world of ours. With regards to your smartness mate you'd do alright given some of the spectacles I see. I was not dressed up at all. A bit of double denim, a pair of loafers and a Breton top. However there were as ever some top class looking fellas and girls certainly at Sidewinder and around and about.

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2018, 07:21:54 PM »
Thanks for the kind words, Martin, yeah, it'd be great to share some pints with friends like you and enjoy the setting. Now I just need the cash and talking my other half into it, lol. I wouldn't mind in the least attending evenings like Ian B's Modesty. We'll see...

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2018, 08:33:45 PM »
Would be fantastic seeing you at some event or weekender mate. You and your other half would be made welcome. There were faces from all over on Saturday night and generally are at things like DREAMSVILLE or the Modcast boats.

Woody 64

• Old fogey
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2018, 11:34:32 AM »
It wasn't a bank holiday in Scotland unfortunately. Need to wait till Sept.

On the upside we have a Mod Alldayer this weekend just outside Glasgow in Eaglesham.

Eglington Arms Hotel.Starts at 12noon Band on at 3.30, Scooter Comp and Cruise 2pm.

DJ's for the nightime session are Stuart Cosgrove(broadcaster and author of Detroit 67 and Young soul Rebels)and Gordon Potts.

Think there's a couple of rooms left if anyone fancies it.

You heading over Mr Bond?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 11:41:12 AM by Woody 64 »

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2018, 12:04:02 PM »
Nice one mate. Apologies for not knowing re you guys Hols North Of The Border. You enjoy the stuff you do though. I am aware you have some great stuff going on and my other half's family are all Scots and do mean to try and get up and explore some time. May have to tie it in with an event or weekend being held I reckon.

Woody 64

• Old fogey
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2018, 12:20:58 PM »
Plenty happening next year Martin. I'll send you details in case you fancy a wee trip North.

I'm venturing south in Oct to the Federal RNB weekender 5th and 6th.Newcastle under Lyme.

Should be a goodun.

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2018, 12:28:56 PM »
Ta fella. Appreciate it.

Claretbluemod

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2018, 03:01:33 PM »

Dorset - Komedia - Dorset on the Friday: The music at Komedia was great
Non-league football +Volks in the afternoon - Sea Sidewinder - Modesty on the Saturday: MODesty was the place to be!  8) Top music, fresh suits
Hard shopping  :) + Volks (and we were soaked) Truth + Secret Affair at Old Market - Dorset.on the (stormy) Sunday. Shame we were late, we listened to the last 3 tunes of the gig of The Truth  :( Secret Affair were good and Ian Paige was on good voice
Broad minds, narrow ties