Author Topic: Lambretta carb alternatives?  (Read 233 times)

BrianB

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Lambretta carb alternatives?
« on: September 12, 2018, 06:10:31 PM »
Helping a friend with his li with 200 engine, and the carb is a jetex,  which seems to be junk. As it's been awhile since I have ordered parts, it looks like the choices aren't as good as they used to be. Any recommendations on a decent carb that can be mounted with little fuss that won't break the bank,?
Initials B.B.

Adam

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Re: Lambretta carb alternatives?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2018, 10:41:07 AM »
Scootopia reproduction of the standard carb is pretty good.  Much better than the Jetex.

DrGonzo2411

• Dressing fine and making time.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2018, 01:12:22 PM »
+1 on the Scootopia repro, my lammy-riding mate swears by them
36/33 waist/leg, 46 chest, 10 shoe/boot

BrianB

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2018, 01:53:12 PM »
Thanks all! I had looked at the scootopia ones and had heard conflicting reviews, but online reviews are a dime a dozen. Glad to hear they are heads over jetex.
Initials B.B.

detroitmike

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2018, 02:26:01 AM »
I have the SH2/22 Scootopia re-pop Delorto on a 150 cc motor with a Mugali 188 kit and Ancilotti exhaust.
I've been up and down with trying to dial it in, for all intents, it seems like an exact copy of my vintage Delorto SH 20 so I'm still sticking with it. I think my issues have to do more with the combination of the modifications to my motor.
If you're going to use it on a stock 200 set up motor, that carb should be good right out of the box. toss the jetex
mod in Detroit

BrianB

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2018, 03:02:33 PM »
I believe he's running a standard indian gp200 engine with regular exhaust. I tried rebuilding the jetex yo find it takes a unique internal filter. Just at the point of buying a new carb and crossing fingers, scootopia seems the best bet now....
Initials B.B.