Author Topic: Castellano-LG shoes  (Read 528 times)

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
Castellano-LG shoes
« on: September 27, 2018, 06:24:38 PM »
At last, traditional spanish shoemakers Castellano-LG have updated their webstore for good. That means that now they ship worldwide and have an english language option, so it may be of interest for some here, as quality-wise they're up there with respected british brands as Loake, only cheaper.

They're specialized in loafers, so much so that many people here use the word "castellanos" instead of "mocasines (loafers)" and they're manufacturers so you can customize your shoes (up to certain extent and at an extra cost, of course). Lots of made in Spain models to choose from, as the classic pennies Solis (a better made Bass' Logan), the Alsacia derbies or the cool Mod 6. I own 4 or 5 pairs of shoes from them -there's an LG shop in Valencia- and can vouch for the quality. Only drawback are the shipping costs: 13 for most EU countries and 17 for USA and Canada.

https://castellanolg.com/gb/

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Re: Castellano-LG shoes
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2018, 12:32:19 PM »
Some absolute corkers there in that 'Slip On' section.

The Laird of Enfield

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2018, 01:59:58 PM »

Some nice loafers n' bluchers there.

So when dae the sales usually start in Spain?    ;D

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2018, 03:46:23 PM »

Some nice loafers n' bluchers there.

So when dae the sales usually start in Spain?    ;D

Oops, I forgot to mention they don't usually do sales, at least in the webstore (I got me a pair of heavily discounted derbies in their Valencia shop, as they were doing "inventory sales" or something like that), but maybe that changes with the virtual facelift; anyway, continental sales start a bit after british ones: january and july.

detroitmike

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2018, 12:04:56 PM »
Some really Nice shoes, GS!
I don't need anything right now, but definitely coming back here fr a look when I'm ready to buy another pair
mod in Detroit

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2018, 09:42:34 AM »
I've just discovered another made in Spain mid-priced footwear brand, Beatnik shoes, that seem to cater more specifically to mods/60s buffs' tastes (mostly classic shapes, tho', don't expect flamboyance as in dr. Watson stuff: https://www.etsy.com/shop/Drwatsonshoemaker?awc=10501_1539250803_5f6fc80b6073c43fb96381c4eba63cff&zanpid=10501_1539250803_5f6fc80b6073c43fb96381c4eba63cff&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_source=affiliate_window&utm_campaign=es_buyer&utm_content=78888
).

They have a ladies' collection too. The good news is they ship for free to EU countries:

https://www.beatnikshoes.com/en/

Lord Mulberry

• Absolute Beginner
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2018, 06:10:55 AM »
Hmmm I always steer away from anything with mod in the title. It's really this simple for me - Plain Oxford or Derbies for dress, brogues for semi-formal/casual. Ditto loafers, but with no tassles. I'm terribly old fashioned   ;D
Do it well

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2018, 10:35:02 AM »
Hmmm I always steer away from anything with mod in the title. It's really this simple for me - Plain Oxford or Derbies for dress, brogues for semi-formal/casual. Ditto loafers, but with no tassles. I'm terribly old fashioned   ;D

I get what you mean, I'm not too keen on the tag either, reeks of marketing gimmick. That said, there are brands that use it honestly to position their goods in a market niche. Wrong or right, the tactic is acceptable, IMO.

And of course I agree with your footwear choices, nothing too complicated or flamboyant for me, the classic models always work.  I'd only add dessies, simple leather boots and deck shoes (Chelsea boots optional). Tassels I like, but it's just personal taste, I understand that some find them fussy.