Author Topic: Keith Moon x Ben Sherman  (Read 1148 times)

Adam

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Re: Keith Moon x Ben Sherman
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2018, 05:06:04 PM »
Back to the clothing range for a mo.  Please don't buy me any of them for Crimble unless it has a money back receipt.... ;D

Adam

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2018, 05:06:58 PM »
Or I can swap it for a pack of polos

The Laird of Enfield

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2018, 09:27:48 PM »

This is aboot the only decent effort in thir current collection n' even then the collar might be deemed tae be oan the wee side.

Wid probably be best suited tae a Wolverhampton Wanderers or Alloa Athletic supporter.

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2018, 08:45:41 AM »

This is aboot the only decent effort in thir current collection n' even then the collar might be deemed tae be oan the wee side.

But that one doesn't belong to the Moonie collection. To be fair, in their regular range there are some basic pieces that look decent (if a bit overpriced). I like especially the features of the archive shirts, tho' the curren patterns are mostly ill-chosen. These long sleeve polos are nice too:

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2018, 10:13:50 AM »
Yeah those look OK but as you say collars could be bigger and prices...lower. These sort often spring up in TK MAXX so I always keep my eyes open for them in the £25 range. Do like that green one though. Talking of Keith Moon, and swerving off topic a bit, Daltrey has announced that bio-pic is now back on the cards. They've been talking about one for donkeys years. Going back as far as John Sessions being named to play him 25 or so years back. Then Mike Myers about ten years after that. In the light of the new QUEEN one and the upcoming Elton John one I guess they think interest in these sort of films is high and worth another punt to get it out there.

The Laird of Enfield

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2018, 01:16:14 PM »
Yeah those look OK but as you say collars could be bigger and prices...lower. These sort often spring up in TK MAXX so I always keep my eyes open for them in the £25 range. Do like that green one though. Talking of Keith Moon, and swerving off topic a bit, Daltrey has announced that bio-pic is now back on the cards. They've been talking about one for donkeys years. Going back as far as John Sessions being named to play him 25 or so years back. Then Mike Myers about ten years after that. In the light of the new QUEEN one and the upcoming Elton John one I guess they think interest in these sort of films is high and worth another punt to get it out there.

Idris Elba seems tae get linked wi' every big part gaun these days so mibbe he will be interested.

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2018, 01:28:05 PM »
Yep! You heard it here first!

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2018, 09:03:36 PM »

Wid probably be best suited tae a Wolverhampton Wanderers or Alloa Athletic supporter.

I'm out on that one , definitely not a muzzle fit . .
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!

Number 6

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2018, 04:31:53 PM »
Right, still o/t but following Simon’s encounter with Townshend and talk of the Moon biopic...

Went to see Roger Daltrey in conversation for his book launch last night.  He said he wants to make a film about the real Keith Moon; and has secured a scriptwriter. He definitely doesn’t want the film to be about The Who, but about Keith. He said that Moon was the funniest person by far he’d ever met, but also the most troubled (no surprises there).

The conversation touched on Mod and how Pete Meaden had moulded them into a Mod group and their following at the Railway Hotel initially; and how the rows of scooters caught the attention of Kit Lambert, which obviously led onto bigger things. Also how having curly hair as a Mod was akin to having the pox!  And how he used to have to straighten it constantly (yep been there myself when I was younger and had the full bouffant!)

Afterwards I got to meet and had some photos with him and the first thing he said to me was “Nice schmutter, that’s proper tailoring!” ....which was nice 8).

Oh, and that collection is typical BS sh*te .. ???

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2018, 05:37:47 PM »
Right, still o/t but following Simon’s encounter with Townshend and talk of the Moon biopic...

Went to see Roger Daltrey in conversation for his book launch last night.  He said he wants to make a film about the real Keith Moon; and has secured a scriptwriter. He definitely doesn’t want the film to be about The Who, but about Keith. He said that Moon was the funniest person by far he’d ever met, but also the most troubled (no surprises there).

The conversation touched on Mod and how Pete Meaden had moulded them into a Mod group and their following at the Railway Hotel initially; and how the rows of scooters caught the attention of Kit Lambert, which obviously led onto bigger things. Also how having curly hair as a Mod was akin to having the pox!  And how he used to have to straighten it constantly (yep been there myself when I was younger and had the full bouffant!)

Afterwards I got to meet and had some photos with him and the first thing he said to me was “Nice schmutter, that’s proper tailoring!” ....which was nice 8).

Oh, and that collection is typical BS sh*te .. ???

Nice post, n. 6!