Author Topic: How To Add '60s Style To Your Autumn Wardrobe  (Read 218 times)

The Laird of Enfield

• Just joined
    • View Profile
How To Add '60s Style To Your Autumn Wardrobe
« on: October 17, 2018, 10:21:33 AM »

Obviously the article is a pile ay pish.

"A respect for tradition, combined with a desire to experiment, gives life to a sophisticated wardrobe update for the rebellious soul." indeed.

Nice trucker jaikets tho'.

https://www.esquire.com/uk/style/fashion/a23125512/how-to-add-60s-style-to-your-autumn-wardrobe/

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
Re: How To Add '60s Style To Your Autumn Wardrobe
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2018, 12:15:13 PM »

Obviously the article is a pile ay pish.

"A respect for tradition, combined with a desire to experiment, gives life to a sophisticated wardrobe update for the rebellious soul." indeed.

Nice trucker jaikets tho'.

https://www.esquire.com/uk/style/fashion/a23125512/how-to-add-60s-style-to-your-autumn-wardrobe/

Yes, the article is the average Esq promotional rubbish, with the average inaccuracies and average cliches about modernism (and 60s in general) thrown in for good measure.

What puzzles me the most of this mess is what the new Mr. Cohen collection has to do with anything remotely mod?!?! If I'm not mistaken the (italian) brand specializes in outrageously expensive and not very flattering jeans. In fact the only hint in the collection's photographs of something vaguely mod is a models' pic wearing the ubiquitous target t-shirt. The rest are jeans shirts (a mod's wardrobe staple, as we all know), err... jeans and even a pair of those trendy POW trousers with jogger pants' waist, just like those I've always suspected that Peter Meaden wore for his Regent Park's running sessions. Oh, and the trucker jackets the Laird mentioned, the best of the lot but not something you'd immediately associate with mod.

detroitmike

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Re: How To Add '60s Style To Your Autumn Wardrobe
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2018, 02:19:53 PM »
Not seeing it either, and here I thought only the US versions of Esq./GQ had boring clothing articles...
mod in Detroit