Author Topic: Today's Brands with a Mod feel  (Read 499 times)

Darren

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Today's Brands with a Mod feel
« on: October 27, 2018, 10:18:34 AM »
Just thinking about today's brands with a Mod feel/look and I think us men are quite lucky, there are a few to choose from...
Fred Perry, Gabicci, Baracuta,  Peter Werth, Farah, Pretty Green, Crombie, Simon Carter
John Smedley,  Merc, Lambretta, Ben Sherman, Brutus, Britac, Art gallery & Peckham Rye

If there are any others I have missed or don't know about, please let me know.

Do the ladies have as much choice, I can only think of Fred Perry and Love her Madly and the latter is very original looking rather than Mod influenced?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 10:29:18 AM by Darren »

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
Re: Today's Brands with a Mod feel
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2018, 11:13:29 AM »
Just thinking about today's brands with a Mod feel/look and I think us men are quite lucky, there are a few to choose from...
Fred Perry, Gabicci, Baracuta,  Peter Werth, Farah, Pretty Green, Crombie, Simon Carter
John Smedley,  Merc, Lambretta, Ben Sherman, Brutus, Britac, Art gallery & Peckham Rye

If there are any others I have missed or don't know about, please let me know.

Do the ladies have as much choice, I can only think of Fred Perry and Love her Madly and the latter is very original looking rather than Mod influenced?

In fact, there are lots more: DNA Groove, Connection, Delicious Junction, Madcap, Pellicano, Mendoza, Capirari, AGC, David Watts, Jump the Gun, AoL, Far Afield… just to mention the first ones that come to mind. Not so many for the ladies, I'm afraid, but not so long ago I posted here some stunning dresses designed here in Spain, and Love her Madly, as you point out, make some nice and not expensive clothes.

That said, we shouldn't forget classic brands, like Brooks Brothers, Clarks or Levi's, with mod appeal. Nowadays I tend to avoid squarely "mod" clothiers in favour of less known/new brands making what we could call "classic" quality clothing, sometimes with a retro/60s twist. It makes things more interesting, IMO.

Becky_Moffitt_83

• Mod Goddess... enough said!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2018, 12:14:11 PM »
For the ladies, there are [just] a few more around...

Marmalade
Madamoiselle Yeye
Garage a Gogo
Queloti
Carnaby Streak
Dadadress
Callemodista
Cosmic Breed Mod Gear - my Tassie mate Sharon's own shop. She also makes scooter seat covers!!
Rasha Swais
Mod Togs - clothing designed by 1960s Original Mod Goddess, Gill Evans

For something that's more 'off the peg':

Karen Millen - I have bought several Mod-inspired pieces from time-to-time
Ted Baker
Dangerfield/Princess Highway/Revival - based here in Oz, but does deliver overseas
John Smedley
Alannah Hill - another Aussie company that occasionally puts out some nice Mod pieces
Olive Aubrey
Orla Kiely
Mod Shoes
B.A.I.T Shoes
Clarks
Levis
Joseph Ribkoff - a gal pal of mine just bought me a coat and dress in a sale as an early birthday present to me...  ;) :)

I would prefer these brands over Love Her Madly, to be honest...
“The fashionable woman wears clothes. The clothes don't wear her.” Mary Quant

neatneatneat

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2018, 12:39:37 PM »
Not really a mod brand but I would flag up Arket. They are in Bluewater & online, good range of knits & had a good looking peacoat at £100.
Former Punk (1977-79) now Mod

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2018, 07:54:12 PM »
For the ladies, there are [just] a few more around...

Marmalade
Madamoiselle Yeye
Garage a Gogo
Queloti
Carnaby Streak
Dadadress
Callemodista
Cosmic Breed Mod Gear - my Tassie mate Sharon's own shop. She also makes scooter seat covers!!
Rasha Swais
Mod Togs - clothing designed by 1960s Original Mod Goddess, Gill Evans

For something that's more 'off the peg':

Karen Millen - I have bought several Mod-inspired pieces from time-to-time
Ted Baker
Dangerfield/Princess Highway/Revival - based here in Oz, but does deliver overseas
John Smedley
Alannah Hill - another Aussie company that occasionally puts out some nice Mod pieces
Olive Aubrey
Orla Kiely
Mod Shoes
B.A.I.T Shoes
Clarks
Levis
Joseph Ribkoff - a gal pal of mine just bought me a coat and dress in a sale as an early birthday present to me...  ;) :)

I would prefer these brands over Love Her Madly, to be honest...

Well done, Becky, wow, you know your stuff!

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2018, 07:54:32 PM »
Not really a mod brand but I would flag up Arket. They are in Bluewater & online, good range of knits & had a good looking peacoat at £100.

Good shout. Some nice clobber there, fine-looking classic stuff at reasonable prices.

Becky_Moffitt_83

• Mod Goddess... enough said!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2018, 08:03:17 PM »

[/quote]

Well done, Becky, wow, you know your stuff!
[/quote]

And of course, both Modet and Swinging Chicks (both Spain) and Hobbs London who have amazing stuff too from time to time...

Too much time on my hands, Sydney...  ;)
“The fashionable woman wears clothes. The clothes don't wear her.” Mary Quant