Author Topic: Italian knits  (Read 15243 times)

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
Re: Italian knits
« Reply #70 on: January 16, 2020, 05:19:37 PM »
^The striped crew neck on the bottom is the only one I could see myself in^

I know this will not be to everyone's(or possibly anyone's  ;D) taste, but this caught my eye:

But that chevron is pointing the wrong way!!  :-[ Not for me, Mike, but as long as it floats your boat that's what counts

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 17, 2020, 10:26:51 AM »
Not Italian (to my knowledge, I could be wrong) and totally out of my price range (520 !!!), but I like the collar, the 4 buttons placket and the colour combo of this one:

Rod

• Style in the Modern World
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 18, 2020, 11:13:17 PM »
See we discuss collars a lot when it comes to knitted polos and the consensus seems to be to go for long ones. The collar in this pic is about as long as I would like to go, although some would still think this is on the shorter side.
I did a blog post about this once and used a pic of Jimmy in Quadrophenia at the house party at which hes wearing a beige knit polo with what to me had a huuuuuge collar but some people like em that way. Horses for courses!

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 19, 2020, 11:36:55 AM »
See we discuss collars a lot when it comes to knitted polos and the consensus seems to be to go for long ones. The collar in this pic is about as long as I would like to go, although some would still think this is on the shorter side.
I did a blog post about this once and used a pic of Jimmy in Quadrophenia at the house party at which hes wearing a beige knit polo with what to me had a huuuuuge collar but some people like em that way. Horses for courses!

Truth is I have catholic tastes on that: Big (not huge) Italian style collars work fine for me, they add a nice retro vibe, but I also like the standard Fred Perry-esque smaller collars (they possibly suit better my tiny frame, tbh), as long as they don't fall into micro-collar territory.

The Laird of Enfield

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 19, 2020, 02:04:20 PM »
Tend tae prefer the collar size oan the bigger size but it's no a deal breaker fur me if the collar is slightly oan the wee size.

Agree wi' Senor Greenstreet aboot the micro collars tho'.

Naebody wants to look like they huv a heid the size ay Gary Caldwell's.

The Laird of Enfield

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: January 19, 2020, 02:08:52 PM »

Like the collar oan this Fred Perry reissue effort which is still available at half price if yir a midget.

dazlcfc

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 19, 2020, 02:58:06 PM »
I did a blog post about this once and used a pic of Jimmy in Quadrophenia at the house party at which he’s wearing a beige knit polo with what to me had a huuuuuge collar but some people like ‘em that way. Horses for courses!

Truth is I have catholic tastes on that: Big (not huge) Italian style collars work fine for me, they add a nice retro vibe, but I also like the standard Fred Perry-esque smaller collars (they possibly suit better my tiny frame, tbh), as long as they don't fall into micro-collar territory.

I think sometimes people forget that.  Collars are suppose to suit you, suit your frame/face.  If I see a tiny slim fella with a little head with a huge collar I just think of harry hill. ;D 
« Last Edit: January 19, 2020, 04:36:00 PM by dazlcfc »
Not stuck in the 60's

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 20, 2020, 11:40:29 AM »

Like the collar oan this Fred Perry reissue effort which is still available at half price if yir a midget.

That top looks quite nice, Laird

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 20, 2020, 12:26:03 PM »

That is a gid collar big yin , but ahm no that keen oan the rest o' it.  .
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!

detroitmike

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 20, 2020, 12:51:08 PM »
^ Looks a size (or 2 )too big on him^
But that's probably the cut of it....
"War is not the answer, because only love can conquer hate..."