Author Topic: Fred Perry reissues  (Read 2660 times)

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
Re: Fred Perry reissues
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2019, 11:33:09 AM »
Well, guys, it's a case of: "Mr Kane, now if you please sign on the dotted line..." and voilà! a FP by Miles Kane collection is available. I don't think he's got a significant input in the design actually.

The Laird of Enfield

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2019, 04:04:07 PM »
Well, guys, it's a case of: "Mr Kane, now if you please sign on the dotted line..." and voilà! a FP by Miles Kane collection is available. I don't think he's got a significant input in the design actually.

Realise that GS, but somebody at FP still must huv thought he wis some kinda influential figure when they signed him up tae head the campaign.

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2019, 01:28:28 PM »

Realise that GS, but somebody at FP still must huv thought he wis some kinda influential figure when they signed him up tae head the campaign.

Those heritage brands are always trying to broaden their market, and I reckon the executives in charge aren't the more sussed people out there.

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2019, 01:52:52 PM »
Some time back Miles was looked upon as a bit of a darling or saviour of the music scene here. Seen him a few times and have his first album.In general he is OK as far as I'm concerned but that's about the extent of my enthusiasm for him. Obviously getting chummy with Mr Weller and talking about bands like The Who or The Beatles gives him a bit of '60s/Mod' credibility in the eyes of some and certainly that looks to be the case with FP I imagine. I don't mind this top at all but isn't something I am personally going to go mad for especially at the sort of price I am sure it is being sold at. It is strange that anyone British and white who doesn't walk around with their trousers half hanging down calling people 'Bruv' or has long hair or face pins is somehow regarded as having some sort of Mod Aesthetic about them. I often see Jake Bugg lumped in with that way of thinking and see nothing 'Mod' about him or his music as good as some of it is. Surprised Ed Sheeran isn't regarded as Mod too!! For want of a better term the most 'Mod' new or young artists I've seen over recent years is the black American singer Leon Bridges or even for his music Raphael Saadiq. Both guys of course go way beyond being judged on the clobber they do or do not now wear.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 03:38:38 PM by Martin G »

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2019, 07:47:34 PM »
Some time back Miles was looked upon as a bit of a darling or saviour of the music scene here. Seen him a few times and have his first album.In general he is OK as far as I'm concerned but that's about the extent of my enthusiasm for him. Obviously getting chummy with Mr Weller and talking about bands like The Who or The Beatles gives him a bit of '60s/Mod' credibility in the eyes of some and certainly that looks to be the case with FP I imagine. I don't mind this top at all but isn't something I am personally going to go mad for especially at the sort of price I am sure it is being sold at. It is strange that anyone British and white who doesn't walk around with their trousers half hanging down calling people 'Bruv' or has long hair or face pins is somehow regarded as having some sort of Mod Aesthetic about them. I often see Jake Bugg lumped in with that way of thinking and see nothing 'Mod' about him or his music as good as some of it is. Surprised Ed Sheeran isn't regarded as Mod too!!

These are really cliched tags, commodities for lazy journalists: "hey this guy looks vaguely like a "mod" (or the idea the average public has of a mod anyway), so he must be connected to it somehow". We're always over-simplifying things to market them.

The Laird of Enfield

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2019, 11:49:19 PM »
Some time back Miles was looked upon as a bit of a darling or saviour of the music scene here. Seen him a few times and have his first album.In general he is OK as far as I'm concerned but that's about the extent of my enthusiasm for him. Obviously getting chummy with Mr Weller and talking about bands like The Who or The Beatles gives him a bit of '60s/Mod' credibility in the eyes of some and certainly that looks to be the case with FP I imagine. I don't mind this top at all but isn't something I am personally going to go mad for especially at the sort of price I am sure it is being sold at. It is strange that anyone British and white who doesn't walk around with their trousers half hanging down calling people 'Bruv' or has long hair or face pins is somehow regarded as having some sort of Mod Aesthetic about them. I often see Jake Bugg lumped in with that way of thinking and see nothing 'Mod' about him or his music as good as some of it is. Surprised Ed Sheeran isn't regarded as Mod too!! For want of a better term the most 'Mod' new or young artists I've seen over recent years is the black American singer Leon Bridges or even for his music Raphael Saadiq. Both guys of course go way beyond being judged on the clobber they do or do not now wear.

You've taken that too far wi' the Ed Sheeran reference.......

Naebody hinks gingers ur cool.    ;D

Rod

• Style in the Modern World
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2019, 12:11:35 PM »

Naebody thinks pasty fat gingers with perennial s**t-eating grins, stupid nashy health glasses and rubbish tatts are cool.    ;D

Edited for accuracy there ^

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2019, 07:50:46 PM »
Now this must be the most stunning piece ever in the Reissues range, look at this beauty. I really can't justify spending 210 € in a knitted polo, but I'm sure this one will be sold out before the next sales arrive. :'(

Col Wolfe

• East Anglia
    • View Profile
    • >>> Spoke Records <<<
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2019, 08:35:12 PM »

Most Scottish people, then.

The Laird of Enfield

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2019, 11:54:30 PM »

Most Scottish people, then.

Aye - but ah'd particularly like tae single oot Alex McLeish.