Author Topic: Fred Perry reissues  (Read 11121 times)

The Laird of Enfield

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Re: Fred Perry reissues
« Reply #50 on: September 30, 2020, 02:17:22 AM »
Like the henleys, I stop wearing my FPs since they've been commandeered by RW hate groups in the US lately...

Sorry to hear that, Mike, a shame that kind of association prevent you from wearing a brand we like. That was the case here some years ago, but fortunately not anymore. BTW I love the henley too

They prefer the black w/ gold tipping polos. There's also another neo nazi group that were wearing chinos and BD shirts, and even another armed fringe group that identifies itself with Hawaiian print shirts...
It's crazy times now in the States, I hate to say.
That said, I bought the white/black tipped henley ;) Hopefully no group other than "California Surfers" will take up that look!

Fred Perry take action.

Fred Perry has pulled one of its famous polo shirts after it became associated with a neo-fascist organisation.

https://news.sky.com/story/fred-perry-stops-selling-polo-shirt-after-it-becomes-associated-with-far-right-group-12084253?awc=11005_1601431742_bbe7556ccbf56297c4830d11b7da14c6&dcmp=afc-85386-na-na-longtail&dclid=CLTW2ZHmj-wCFS5AHQkdl4sN2w

Becky_Moffitt_83

• Mod Goddess... enough said!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 30, 2020, 06:26:58 AM »
Like the henleys, I stop wearing my FPs since they've been commandeered by RW hate groups in the US lately...

Sorry to hear that, Mike, a shame that kind of association prevent you from wearing a brand we like. That was the case here some years ago, but fortunately not anymore. BTW I love the henley too

They prefer the black w/ gold tipping polos. There's also another neo nazi group that were wearing chinos and BD shirts, and even another armed fringe group that identifies itself with Hawaiian print shirts...
It's crazy times now in the States, I hate to say.
That said, I bought the white/black tipped henley ;) Hopefully no group other than "California Surfers" will take up that look!

Fred Perry take action.

Fred Perry has pulled one of its famous polo shirts after it became associated with a neo-fascist organisation.

https://news.sky.com/story/fred-perry-stops-selling-polo-shirt-after-it-becomes-associated-with-far-right-group-12084253?awc=11005_1601431742_bbe7556ccbf56297c4830d11b7da14c6&dcmp=afc-85386-na-na-longtail&dclid=CLTW2ZHmj-wCFS5AHQkdl4sN2w

Heard about that on BBC World Service, they are withdrawing it from the States and Canada.
“The fashionable woman wears clothes. The clothes don't wear her.” Mary Quant

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 30, 2020, 09:28:52 AM »
I get the brands' concern but I don't think the solution is withdrawing a garment which in itself is neutral.

The Laird of Enfield

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 30, 2020, 03:52:48 PM »
I get the brands' concern but I don't think the solution is withdrawing a garment which in itself is neutral.

Ah suppose they consider the link between that particular shirt n' fascism is becomin' too established fur comfort.

Might be seen as preservin' thir brand reputation.

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 30, 2020, 03:57:41 PM »

Ah suppose they consider the link between that particular shirt n' fascism is becomin' too established fur comfort.

Might be seen as preservin' thir brand reputation.

Get that, Laird, and fair play to them, but still a pity

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 01, 2020, 08:18:23 AM »
 Amazing , Fred Perry ( whoever'owns them now ) , want to dictate who can and cannot wear their clothing that they sell .
Perhaps before they try and foist themselves as some sort if ethical , magnanimous company they should consider that they are having the bulk of their manufacturing  now done in Communist  China , probably now the most vile regime on the planet with an horrendous crimes against humanity record,  that continues to this day , with USA President Trump the only  world leader willing to tackle them for what they are . .
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 01, 2020, 10:58:17 AM »
Amazing , Fred Perry ( whoever'owns them now ) , want to dictate who can and cannot wear their clothing that they sell .
Perhaps before they try and foist themselves as some sort if ethical , magnanimous company they should consider that they are having the bulk of their manufacturing  now done in Communist  China , probably now the most vile regime on the planet with an horrendous crimes against humanity record,  that continues to this day , with USA President Trump the only  world leader willing to tackle them for what they are . .

You forget North Korea  ;)

Chilli

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 01, 2020, 11:25:08 AM »

And that's why I usually only try to buy their Made in England or Made in Japan ranges.  They usually cost a bit more but I'm willing to pay that bit extra for such goods (the same principle applies to many other brands I also buy from, where possible; Made in Britain/Europe usually costs a bit more, but there's usually an uptick in the quality of the garments). 

Chilli

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 01, 2020, 11:28:37 AM »

You're right of course, but I just can't see the 'Kim Jong-un' clothing range selling much on the High Streets of England  ;D

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 01, 2020, 12:13:33 PM »

Sorry bud , what did l forget about it ? The fact that it only exists because of the CCP. .
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!