Author Topic: Fred Perry reissues  (Read 11122 times)

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
Re: Fred Perry reissues
« Reply #60 on: October 01, 2020, 12:29:13 PM »
Amazing , Fred Perry ( whoever'owns them now ) , want to dictate who can and cannot wear their clothing that they sell .
Perhaps before they try and foist themselves as some sort if ethical , magnanimous company they should consider that they are having the bulk of their manufacturing  now done in Communist  China , probably now the most vile regime on the planet with an horrendous crimes against humanity record,  that continues to this day , with USA President Trump the only  world leader willing to tackle them for what they are . .

And that's why I usually only try to buy their Made in England or Made in Japan ranges.  They usually cost a bit more but I'm willing to pay that bit extra for such goods (the same principle applies to many other brands I also buy from, where possible; Made in Britain/Europe usually costs a bit more, but there's usually an uptick in the quality of the garments).
Good on you , Chili . I have been doing the same myself but l think it will be easier to not buy Fred Perry products going forward. After all,  despite there being a Fred Perry shop not far from me now , l may not be the kind of consumer they want.

I think l prefer JtG now anyway and a lot of it is now made here
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!

Chilli

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 01, 2020, 02:50:12 PM »
Amazing , Fred Perry ( whoever'owns them now ) , want to dictate who can and cannot wear their clothing that they sell .
Perhaps before they try and foist themselves as some sort if ethical , magnanimous company they should consider that they are having the bulk of their manufacturing  now done in Communist  China , probably now the most vile regime on the planet with an horrendous crimes against humanity record,  that continues to this day , with USA President Trump the only  world leader willing to tackle them for what they are . .

And that's why I usually only try to buy their Made in England or Made in Japan ranges.  They usually cost a bit more but I'm willing to pay that bit extra for such goods (the same principle applies to many other brands I also buy from, where possible; Made in Britain/Europe usually costs a bit more, but there's usually an uptick in the quality of the garments).
Good on you , Chili . I have been doing the same myself but l think it will be easier to not buy Fred Perry products going forward. After all,  despite there being a Fred Perry shop not far from me now , l may not be the kind of consumer they want.

I really do need to get to grips with Jump the Gun (and not just because they sponsor this site, though it's good to give something back to those organisations that support us, so to speak), though I'm never sure of their sizing.  They state that their shirts come up as very slim fitting, but I'm not sure how slim they are, and it's difficult to find shirt measurements on their site. 

It would be good to hear from anybody who has a few JtG shirts to give a size comparison against, say DNA Groove or Art Gallery for example (other shirt manufacturers are available  ;D).  They did helpfully send me a link to where the shirt sizes are on the site, but like a numpty I lost the link and haven't been able to find it since  :-[

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 01, 2020, 06:14:49 PM »

You forget North Korea  ;)

You're right of course, but I just can't see the 'Kim Jong-un' clothing range selling much on the High Streets of England  ;D

Nor here, you can be sure of that  ;D

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 01, 2020, 06:17:45 PM »

You forget North Korea  ;)
Sorry bud , what did l forget about it ? The fact that it only exists because of the CCP. .

I know that, hermano, just pointing out that if you're looking for an evil, Kafka-esque regime that's the closest you're going to get. Even Chinese are smart enough to let their middle-classes thrive

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 01, 2020, 06:20:26 PM »

I really do need to get to grips with Jump the Gun (and not just because they sponsor this site, though it's good to give something back to those organisations that support us, so to speak), though I'm never sure of their sizing.  They state that their shirts come up as very slim fitting, but I'm not sure how slim they are, and it's difficult to find shirt measurements on their site. 

It would be good to hear from anybody who has a few JtG shirts to give a size comparison against, say DNA Groove or Art Gallery for example (other shirt manufacturers are available  ;D).  They did helpfully send me a link to where the shirt sizes are on the site, but like a numpty I lost the link and haven't been able to find it since  :-[

Can't help on that, Chillli, as I don't have any JtG shirt, but I'm sure Adam will send you specific measures of their shirts if you get in touch with him

Chilli

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 01, 2020, 07:08:14 PM »

Can't help on that, Chillli, as I don't have any JtG shirt, but I'm sure Adam will send you specific measures of their shirts if you get in touch with him

Yes Rafa, I'm sure he will.  As I said earlier, I just feel a bit of fool for losing the link that they've previously sent through to me.  Having said that I think my spending may be curtailed for the short term after the beautiful pair of shoes I've just ordered.  All is revealed in the 'What I've Just Bought' thread  ;D

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 01, 2020, 09:16:02 PM »

Yes Rafa, I'm sure he will.  As I said earlier, I just feel a bit of fool for losing the link that they've previously sent through to me.  Having said that I think my spending may be curtailed for the short term after the beautiful pair of shoes I've just ordered.  All is revealed in the 'What I've Just Bought' thread  ;D

I have always found Jump the Gun to be most helpful on the phone and in person when l call at the shop . They have been going 28 years now and are good at what they do with top notch service . I like the fact that they want to sell you something whearas l find many retailers now across the boards , couldn't care if you buy from them or not . .
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!

detroitmike

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 01, 2020, 09:30:10 PM »
I know, man. trump was so tough on China, they only granted Ivanka 18 trademarks... ::)
"War is not the answer, because only love can conquer hate..."

detroitmike

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 01, 2020, 09:36:43 PM »

I have always found Jump the Gun to be most helpful on the phone and in person when l call at the shop . They have been going 28 years now and are good at what they do with top notch service . I like the fact that they want to sell you something whearas l find many retailers now across the boards , couldn't care if you buy from them or not . .
I've called them before I buy, and they've never steered me wrong.
"War is not the answer, because only love can conquer hate..."

The Laird of Enfield

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 01, 2020, 11:34:57 PM »

"Trump" n' "world leader" in the same sentence.

That's a cracker mate.