Author Topic: Fred Perry reissues  (Read 12083 times)

Adam

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Re: Fred Perry reissues
« Reply #70 on: October 02, 2020, 08:38:50 AM »
Amazing , Fred Perry ( whoever'owns them now ) , want to dictate who can and cannot wear their clothing that they sell .
Perhaps before they try and foist themselves as some sort if ethical , magnanimous company they should consider that they are having the bulk of their manufacturing  now done in Communist  China , probably now the most vile regime on the planet with an horrendous crimes against humanity record,  that continues to this day , with USA President Trump the only  world leader willing to tackle them for what they are . .

And that's why I usually only try to buy their Made in England or Made in Japan ranges.  They usually cost a bit more but I'm willing to pay that bit extra for such goods (the same principle applies to many other brands I also buy from, where possible; Made in Britain/Europe usually costs a bit more, but there's usually an uptick in the quality of the garments).
Good on you , Chili . I have been doing the same myself but l think it will be easier to not buy Fred Perry products going forward. After all,  despite there being a Fred Perry shop not far from me now , l may not be the kind of consumer they want.

I think l prefer JtG now anyway and a lot of it is now made here

I really do need to get to grips with Jump the Gun (and not just because they sponsor this site, though it's good to give something back to those organisations that support us, so to speak), though I'm never sure of their sizing.  They state that their shirts come up as very slim fitting, but I'm not sure how slim they are, and it's difficult to find shirt measurements on their site. 

It would be good to hear from anybody who has a few JtG shirts to give a size comparison against, say DNA Groove or Art Gallery for example (other shirt manufacturers are available  ;D).  They did helpfully send me a link to where the shirt sizes are on the site, but like a numpty I lost the link and haven't been able to find it since  :-[

Hi Chilli, I've got a few JTG shirts  ;)  .   

Thankyou everyone for the kind words about our service. Always appreciated.

Our shirts do come up slimmer than practically everyone so they don't suit all I'm afraid.  However if they do fit you then it's a pretty excellent shirt.  Sizing guide is in the HELP section on the website.

We're very happy to compare measurements of something you have already against ours.  Feel free to e mail us with a list of measurements or call of course (weekdays). We can then see what matches.
( For example I measure 37 on the chest, kind of slim apart from the small Bourbon belly and a 32 jean/34 JTG sta prest. A JTG 16" collar is perfect for me.)
We really are here to help you get it right or tell you it won't work if that's the case. Last thing we want is to see someone in our clothes that don't fit.
Regards, Adam

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 02, 2020, 10:16:35 AM »
To think that a 16" collar shirt could fit me, now that made me feel really old, Adam  :-\ ;)

detroitmike

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 02, 2020, 10:52:40 AM »
To think that a 16" collar shirt could fit me, now that made me feel really old, Adam  :-\ ;)
Don't feel bad GS, I'm a 16" neck in "Euro" sizing, ADAM,JtG,DNA, but a 15" or "Medium" in US.
If you lived here, you'd be considered absolutely "svelte" ;)
"War is not the answer, because only love can conquer hate..."

Adam

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 02, 2020, 10:56:59 AM »
We're not old just not young.
We offer e re labelling service for vanity.  ;) ;D

Chilli

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 02, 2020, 02:43:25 PM »
Amazing , Fred Perry ( whoever'owns them now ) , want to dictate who can and cannot wear their clothing that they sell .
Perhaps before they try and foist themselves as some sort if ethical , magnanimous company they should consider that they are having the bulk of their manufacturing  now done in Communist  China , probably now the most vile regime on the planet with an horrendous crimes against humanity record,  that continues to this day , with USA President Trump the only  world leader willing to tackle them for what they are . .

And that's why I usually only try to buy their Made in England or Made in Japan ranges.  They usually cost a bit more but I'm willing to pay that bit extra for such goods (the same principle applies to many other brands I also buy from, where possible; Made in Britain/Europe usually costs a bit more, but there's usually an uptick in the quality of the garments).
Good on you , Chili . I have been doing the same myself but l think it will be easier to not buy Fred Perry products going forward. After all,  despite there being a Fred Perry shop not far from me now , l may not be the kind of consumer they want.

I think l prefer JtG now anyway and a lot of it is now made here

I really do need to get to grips with Jump the Gun (and not just because they sponsor this site, though it's good to give something back to those organisations that support us, so to speak), though I'm never sure of their sizing.  They state that their shirts come up as very slim fitting, but I'm not sure how slim they are, and it's difficult to find shirt measurements on their site. 

It would be good to hear from anybody who has a few JtG shirts to give a size comparison against, say DNA Groove or Art Gallery for example (other shirt manufacturers are available  ;D).  They did helpfully send me a link to where the shirt sizes are on the site, but like a numpty I lost the link and haven't been able to find it since  :-[

Hi Chilli, I've got a few JTG shirts  ;)  .   

Thankyou everyone for the kind words about our service. Always appreciated.

Our shirts do come up slimmer than practically everyone so they don't suit all I'm afraid.  However if they do fit you then it's a pretty excellent shirt.  Sizing guide is in the HELP section on the website.

We're very happy to compare measurements of something you have already against ours.  Feel free to e mail us with a list of measurements or call of course (weekdays). We can then see what matches.
( For example I measure 37 on the chest, kind of slim apart from the small Bourbon belly and a 32 jean/34 JTG sta prest. A JTG 16" collar is perfect for me.)
We really are here to help you get it right or tell you it won't work if that's the case. Last thing we want is to see someone in our clothes that don't fit.
Regards, Adam

Thanks Adam,

I should bloody well hope you do have a few of the shirts  ;D

I know I'll be on the lookout for trousers and shirts, but it might be a couple of months now before I get round to buying anything else, but at least that gives me a starting point to compare sizing with those I've already got.  And going by the compliments on here, I know I can contact you in advance if I've got any queries.

Thanks for replying.

Paul.

Adam

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 02, 2020, 02:52:48 PM »
Thanks Paul,

Call or e mail anytime and you can always return anything you don't like of course.
Regards
Adam

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 02, 2020, 05:10:05 PM »
We're not old just not young.
We offer e re labelling service for vanity.  ;) ;D

That's great news!!!  ;D ;D

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 02, 2020, 05:16:22 PM »
Don't feel bad GS, I'm a 16" neck in "Euro" sizing, ADAM,JtG,DNA, but a 15" or "Medium" in US.
If you lived here, you'd be considered absolutely "svelte" ;)

That sounds good, Mike, but it also means that I'd struggle there to find clobber in my size (in fact, it happened to me in NYC when I tried to find some loafers that fitted me: the Brooks Brothers' lady that assisted me, God bless her soul, was adamant I'd regret buying a larger size, something that anyway I wouldn't have done. But I still remember those flat strap Rancourts...  :-\)

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 02, 2020, 06:25:30 PM »

"Trump" n' "world leader" in the same sentence.

That's a cracker mate.
Like or not mate ( and l am aware that many don't,  including the criminals who tried to stop him being freely elected) , the 45th president of the Republic of the United States of America is a world leader. .
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!

The Laird of Enfield

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 02, 2020, 09:50:17 PM »

"Trump" n' "world leader" in the same sentence.

That's a cracker mate.
Like or not mate ( and l am aware that many don't,  including the criminals who tried to stop him being freely elected) , the 45th president of the Republic of the United States of America is a world leader. .

No fur much longer hopefully.

The bloated, racist f**k is jist aboot tae be airlifted tae hospital.

Fingers crossed n' god bless the Wuhan Flu.