Author Topic: New book about Modzines by Eddie Piller and Steve Rowland  (Read 1618 times)

Woody 64

• Old fogey
    • View Profile
New book about Modzines by Eddie Piller and Steve Rowland
« on: January 27, 2019, 09:58:47 AM »
https://www.theguardian.com/music/gallery/2019/jan/26/going-underground-mod-revival-fanzines-in-pictures-modzines

Link from the Guardian. Sure they'll be a few of those familiar to most on here.

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Re: New book about Modzines by Eddie Piller and Steve Rowland
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2019, 01:28:36 PM »
Think there is a joint launch for this one as well as Smiler's MOD ART book later this week. Should be a decent night out and of course both books are likely to be of great interest too.

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2019, 04:08:01 PM »
Think there is a joint launch for this one as well as Smiler's MOD ART book later this week. Should be a decent night out and of course both books are likely to be of great interest too.

I'm eagerly awaiting for Smiler's book. If I'm not mistaken, the limited edition with the alternative cover has already been issued. Anyway, if you attend the event, report back, Martin, please. 

warren

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2019, 04:12:46 PM »
Hi,
Mod Art is available and in stock from Waterstones on-line.    It's been available for the past 10 days or so.     I've got mine and it's great

charliebravo69

• Modernist, Cyclist, Pissartist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2019, 05:29:59 PM »
[quote author=greenstreet link=topic=2635.msg45235#msg45235 date=1548691681

I'm eagerly awaiting for Smiler's book. If I'm not mistaken, the limited edition with the alternative cover has already been issued. Anyway, if you attend the event, report back, Martin, please.
[/quote]

If pledge managed to send you a copy yes, it's been out a few weeks. My copy was posted on 4th Jan (already a month late) and never turned up, emailed pledge to ask where it was and they were next to useless so I sent them an email a day and they just refunded me so I've had to make do with the std cover version - not the first time I've had issues with pledge (but probably the last time I'll order with them), they really are quite useless - kickstarter on the other hand I've not had any issues with

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2019, 05:33:22 PM »
[quote author=greenstreet link=topic=2635.msg45235#msg45235 date=1548691681

If pledge managed to send you a copy yes, it's been out a few weeks. My copy was posted on 4th Jan (already a month late) and never turned up, emailed pledge to ask where it was and they were next to useless so I sent them an email a day and they just refunded me so I've had to make do with the std cover version - not the first time I've had issues with pledge (but probably the last time I'll order with them), they really are quite useless - kickstarter on the other hand I've not had any issues with
[/quote]

Good to know it, now I'm glad I didn't go for the ltd edition.

Ian_B

• Old Man Ian
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2019, 12:08:59 AM »

See you there, sir :)
Grammar = the difference between knowing your s**t, and knowing you're s**t!

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2019, 01:30:59 PM »
Hi Ian were you at Chez 66 Saturday? I was only there for a couple of hours meeting up with a pal visiting London. May try to get up to Camden but it is a bit of a haul for me in the week as I work out in Kent. Have a good un if you go fella.

Ian_B

• Old Man Ian
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2019, 04:46:39 PM »
Couldn't make it to Chez 66 in the end - got lazy and stayed put in sunny Brighton (a bit hungover after going to my mate's DJ gig on the friday)
I've bought my train tickets for Thursday already (and have the day off work) already so I (hopefully) won't succomb to further bouts of indolence :)
Grammar = the difference between knowing your s**t, and knowing you're s**t!

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2019, 07:40:03 PM »
London to Brighton is a decent journey but once settled indoors on a rotten cold day it ain't such a wonderful prospect. I went to the very first CHEZ 66 but was only there a short time to test the water. Been meaning to do it again but it wasn't until Saturday gone that I did. A really top little club with a good rep as well. Great crowd as always and of course lovely music. Enjoy Thursday fella. Will no doubt be a corker.