Author Topic: New book about Modzines by Eddie Piller and Steve Rowland  (Read 1619 times)

Robin_Wick

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Re: New book about Modzines by Eddie Piller and Steve Rowland
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2019, 07:47:15 PM »
Just to bump this thread...

Any recommendations for modern / current zines? I always get Subba Culture... any more? Heavy Soul, p'raps (is that still going...?)

Mark1966

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2019, 11:41:46 AM »
Hi there, yes, Heavy Sould is still going and has recently reverted back to an old school A4 modzine format which I like.

All details on Heavy Soul website.

Cooper 8686

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2019, 10:53:08 AM »
Not sure if this has been mentioned already but I happened upon a box set of this book that comes with a 7" single (ĎIf I Was Youí/íThatís What I Wantí by Long Tall Shorty) & facsimile copy of 'Maximum Speed', thought I'd post incase anyone was interested.

https://coles-books.co.uk/limited-and-special-edition-unsigned-books/modzines-special-edition-fanzine-culture-from-the-mod-revival-by-eddie-piller-and-steve-rowland

Chilli

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2019, 08:41:28 PM »
Can anybody help answer a question that's eluded me for a number of years.  On the cover of the Modzines book is a photo of a guy wearing a hooped jumper clicking his fingers.  Years ago I saw this image on the cover of a 7" single but flicked straight past it without looking to see what the record was (doh!!).  Any ideas what it was?

Cheers

Col Wolfe

• East Anglia
    • View Profile
    • >>> Spoke Records <<<
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2019, 09:45:32 PM »
Can anybody help answer a question that's eluded me for a number of years.  On the cover of the Modzines book is a photo of a guy wearing a hooped jumper clicking his fingers.  Years ago I saw this image on the cover of a 7" single but flicked straight past it without looking to see what the record was (doh!!).  Any ideas what it was?

Cheers

Itís The Akrylykz and the vocalist and actual person in the photo is Roland Gift. 
Music is 2Tone type ska.

Chilli

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2019, 09:52:40 AM »

Cheers

Itís The Akrylykz and the vocalist and actual person in the photo is Roland Gift. 
Music is 2Tone type ska.

Cheers pal;  the same Roland Gift from Fine Young Cannibals fame?

I'll have a search of YouTube to have a listen later when I'm not at work.

Once again, thanks for responding.

Col Wolfe

• East Anglia
    • View Profile
    • >>> Spoke Records <<<
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2019, 01:49:52 PM »

Cheers

Music is 2Tone type ska.

Cheers pal;  the same Roland Gift from Fine Young Cannibals fame?

I'll have a search of YouTube to have a listen later when I'm not at work.

Once again, thanks for responding.

Yeah, same guy!