Author Topic: DAVID BOWIE THE FIRST FIVE YEARS: FINDING FAME!!  (Read 234 times)

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
DAVID BOWIE THE FIRST FIVE YEARS: FINDING FAME!!
« on: February 01, 2019, 11:39:04 AM »
Sat 9 Feb on the Beeb is the final part of the Bowie 'FIVE YEARS' documentary trilogy. Fantastic Radio Times cover to bring it to the public's attention too. Covering in part, what many consider as, Bowie 'The Mod Years' so sure to be of interest to those here with even only a passing interest in him. For me it is a must watch. The jewel in the crown of the production sounds like a previously thought to be lost LIFT OFF WITH AYSHEA (Remember that guys!) performance considered to be the first telly appearance of Bowie in the Ziggy persona. Can't wait.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 04:43:21 PM by Martin G »

The Laird of Enfield

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Re: DAVID BOWIE THE FIRST FIVE YEARS: FINDING FAME!!
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2019, 01:23:15 PM »

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2019, 03:07:07 PM »
Spot on mate. That's the girl. Met her a few years back at an event. She was also in the Anderson show UFO at the same sort of time hence my particular interest in her. Still a lovely looking lady and really nice too. Worn very well.

Woody 64

• Old fogey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2019, 09:25:13 PM »
Jeez Martin,I forgot all about this show. ITV around 4.30 if I remember correctly. Cannae beat a bit of Bowie. Cheers for the heads up mate.

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2019, 10:25:59 PM »
Exactly right mate. Same sort of time slot and production team to SHANG-A-LANG, GET IT TOGETHER and MOONDOGS MATINEE all on ITV.

Woody 64

• Old fogey
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2019, 11:05:04 PM »
Remember them all Martin,I always think of the Moondogs every time I see a red Harrington. Looking back,how the feck did they manage to get that gig?
They were the classic "power pop" band but hardly the biggest name out there at the time.

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2019, 11:22:42 PM »
Talking in the Canteen what a bloody great song though eh mate.

Woody 64

• Old fogey
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2019, 11:47:57 PM »
Indeed Martin,in fact there was so much cracking music coming from Ireland at that time. SLF,Undertones,Rudi,Protex and the Outcasts.... went way off topic but worth it for sure.

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2019, 09:06:04 AM »
Saw RUDI support The Jam one time. Yeah agreed some great stuff from the Emerald Isle. Loved The Undertones and to be fair The Moondogs done some very good stuff. Granada telly did so many of those 4.20 slot shows didn't they. THE ARROWS, MARC and I am sure that sort of 50s revival band Darts had one too maybe??

Ady C

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2019, 11:20:08 AM »
Sat 9 Feb on the Beeb is the final part of the Bowie 'FIVE YEARS' documentary trilogy. Fantastic Radio Times cover to bring it to the public's attention too. Covering in part, what many consider as, Bowie 'The Mod Years' so sure to be of interest to those here with even only a passing interest in him. For me it is a must watch. The jewel in the crown of the production sounds like a previously thought to be lost LIFT OFF WITH AYSHEA (Remember that guys!) performance considered to be the first telly appearance of Bowie in the Ziggy persona. Can't wait.
Radio Times' cover very, very similar to a recent-ish Shindig! issue which had a Bowie in '68 feature.
And will you shorten the sleeves, love? I'm not a gorilla.