Author Topic: Forum, future etc  (Read 2667 times)

pie and mash

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Re: Forum, future etc
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2019, 10:36:28 PM »
i know i`m not the most prolific poster ,but i really appreciate this site ,and would be gutted to see it go . I have picked up more than a few quality pieces of clothing and learnt about new brands /shops that i would never have heard about without this online sanctuary. . So thank you Dave ,this place has been a Godsend .
As others have said ,i would be more more than happy to chuck a few quid in the pot ( Adams sponsorship offer and Rod`s huge donation offer are amazing ,well done chaps .)
Also well done ,to Martin for trying to keep it together if the worst comes to the worst .

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2019, 11:30:54 AM »
Iím not on Facebook and donít see myself joining any time soon if ever. (Cough Skynet cough).

Dave if youíre reading this please donít turn off the lights yet. Iím asking around to see if there are options. Very long shot for an technophobe like me but youíve gotta give it a try eh?

I share your FB aversion, Rod, but I've decided to give it a try, as a private group there seems a reasonable alternative when it comes to keep the desired privacy levels. I know Martin is being rather strict about who's joining so ideally it'll end up being kind of MCF mk3. I'd like you to join us if Dave finally gives up, mate.

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2019, 09:49:28 PM »
Hi all I think all requests to me to get you linked in and joined to the FB group are up to date. By all means though anyone who has messaged me and had no reply or nothing via email with a link to the group there let me know. If anyone has slipped by I apologise. I am not the greatest guy with tech and I don't have a phone that can access it all. Cheers and Dave the main man please do let me know your addy so I can get you aboard. I wouldn't be here without all your effort and hard work over the years mate.

Mark1966

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2019, 11:51:28 AM »
Hi Martin, have msg'd you.

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2019, 01:18:35 PM »
Cheers fella. At work but will work through them tonight when you should get a heads up

Woody 64

• Old fogey
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2019, 05:18:57 PM »
Got logged onto FB today...see some of you on the other side! 8)

Essexmark

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2019, 05:26:07 PM »
Nice one Woody, there are a few of us on there  :)

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2019, 06:30:12 PM »
That's my man! Great, Woody!!

Rod

• Style in the Modern World
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2019, 06:31:56 PM »
Iíve been asking around ...
It may be a result of the average age of us old geezers on here but what a sad state of affairs that weíre all such techie dunces eh?

Accepting that Iím king of the techie dunces Iíd be willing to give it a go at hosting Dave if youíre in any way interested in handing over the keys. Iíve got a mate who has offered some limited support as heís experienced in such matters but like all of us doesnít have a lot of time.

Please PM me if youíre interested in discussing further as what I know about hosting a forum I could write on the back of a stamp. I know the rest of the lads would support these efforts as I know we have a core group of solid citizens here. Just donít want to see it die so giving it a shot. Cheers!

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2019, 08:38:28 PM »
Great offer again mate. We are all behind whoever takes it on should the offer to do so be taken up by Dave.