Author Topic: Forum, future etc  (Read 1244 times)

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
Re: Forum, future etc
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2019, 10:15:55 AM »
+1, well done, Rod.

Modculture

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Modculture
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2019, 10:31:12 AM »
Right, spoken to Adam, who is going to sponsor the forum in return for having a Jump The Gun banner on here. Huge thanks to him and that should mean the forum continuing for another 12 months.
Owner/dogsbody - Modculture

Woody 64

• Old fogey
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2019, 10:39:23 AM »
Well done Adam,top man!

And also to Dave sorry,well done mate.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 10:46:21 AM by Woody 64 »

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2019, 10:57:38 AM »
Hurraaah!! Thanks, Adam & Dave... :D

Trotsky

• Ah yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2019, 11:09:33 AM »
Woohoo!
Life is too short to listen to s**t music

detroitmike

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2019, 11:38:32 AM »
 8) 8)
mod in Detroit

Rod

• Style in the Modern World
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2019, 12:00:49 PM »
Excellent news and thanks to all concerned. I feel a bit like I’ve dodged a bullet here but if in a year’s time we are at the same impasse my offer still stands. Well done to Dave and Adam, and to all the lads who offered support to the continuation of the forum.
Can I make a request that since we are all sorta ‘part owners’ that we all make a bit more effort to get involved. A forum without new posts becomes a bit of a white elephant and traffic has been extremely slow of late. Let’s all renew our efforts to be more regular readers and more importantly posters to keep the forum alive and lively. Anyone in contact with previous regulars please encourage them to return. Red Steve? Stephen P Williams? Several others who were once active members have vanished and we need ‘em back. Are they OK? Did they give it all up and now trawl around in sweatpants? I doubt it!
[gets down off soap box!]

Woody 64

• Old fogey
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2019, 01:05:30 PM »
Rod if your still looking to part with that 150,I'll take it mate as Red Steve is parting with some lovely gear and that should just about be enough. 8)

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2019, 01:08:13 PM »
Excellent news and thanks to all concerned. I feel a bit like I’ve dodged a bullet here but if in a year’s time we are at the same impasse my offer still stands. Well done to Dave and Adam, and to all the lads who offered support to the continuation of the forum.
Can I make a request that since we are all sorta ‘part owners’ that we all make a bit more effort to get involved. A forum without new posts becomes a bit of a white elephant and traffic has been extremely slow of late. Let’s all renew our efforts to be more regular readers and more importantly posters to keep the forum alive and lively. Anyone in contact with previous regulars please encourage them to return. Red Steve? Stephen P Williams? Several others who were once active members have vanished and we need ‘em back. Are they OK? Did they give it all up and now trawl around in sweatpants? I doubt it!
[gets down off soap box!]

Red Steve for one is posting again, but given the pace he's getting rid of his wardrobe he might be soon in the "sweatpants and tracktop" state you mention!  ;D. Seriously, I'm with you in this, Rod, we need more input, lazy lot!  ;)

Red Steve

• ...gettin' long in the tooth.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2019, 01:08:39 PM »
Hi Rod. Just seen this post. The main reason I stopped posting & visiting is for a couple of reasons:

1) The same people posting. Don't get me wrong I loved seeing yours, GS's and a few other regulars who'd post on a fairly regular basis but we seemed to be in a minority.

2) Some of the lets say "odd" comments from people who really should know better...we're not kids in a play-ground after all. They might think they're funny, but they're not really.

I use Facebook (selective sites) more these days, although I'm not adverse to looking here again, especially as I'm using the facility to offload a lot of gear that doesn't see the light of day now.