Author Topic: Vespa prices....  (Read 1615 times)

Adam

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Re: Vespa prices....
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2019, 10:00:13 AM »
I bought a standard 1983 Mk1 P200E in excellent condition for £1550 the other week.  They're out there, especially this time of year.

Becky_Moffitt_83

• Mod Goddess... enough said!
    • View Profile
Re: Vespa prices....
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2019, 10:38:47 AM »
The emissions regs won't be helping, but I also think supply has outstripped demand. What I have seen over here (NI) over the last couple of years is a noticeable drop-off in the numbers turning out for runs, rallies etc. And the demographic of those turning up hasn't changed either, it's 35-60 in the main. Young guys and girls who are getting into the mod scene (in whatever form) don't seem to have an interest in the scooter side of things. As such, there is little demand for scoots, which deflates the market. No bad thing if you're looking for one, but not such a good thing for the scootering scene as a whole.

The fact that ,you cant pass your test on a geared scooter anymore really hasn`t helped . You have to learn to ride a motorbike to pass nowadays . So to get a full licence and then ride a classic scooter takes real dedication .
Also in London from April i cant take my scoots into the west end without having to pay £12.50 , the world has gone mad ,thanks Sadiq Khan .

In the State of Victoria Australia), you do your L's on an Automatic scooter or a motorbike... Thanks to the Labor Party and subsequently slowly becoming a Nanny State, L Platers also have to wear high visibility during your L Plate period...

https://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/licences/licence-and-permit-types/motorcycle-licence-and-learner-permit
“The fashionable woman wears clothes. The clothes don't wear her.” Mary Quant