Author Topic: Mad Men.  (Read 1177 times)

Soulstar

• View Profile
Mad Men.
« on: April 18, 2013, 03:21:56 PM »
There was a Mad Men thread on the old forum. Rather than clog up the other TV thread for those that don't like the series, I thought I'd start this one.

So, I anticipate some dark days ahead -  Roger's on the couch. Don's "jumping off" fantasy and his opening silence (what was that - not a word in 15 minutes?). Not to mention what Betty's stewing in.  Brilliant.

BUtterfield8

• View Profile
Re: Mad Men.
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2013, 06:11:21 PM »
So, I anticipate some dark days ahead -  Roger's on the couch. Don's "jumping off" fantasy and his opening silence (what was that - not a word in 15 minutes?). Not to mention what Betty's stewing in.  Brilliant.

Yeah, can't believe this is the penultimate series so trying to savour it.  Think the first 3 episodes are still setting the groundwork. Read somewhere that the writers are going to bring it up to present day by the time the whole show is finished so wondering how it's going to go.

Like the comedy elements such as Peggy's work scenes, Roger, and the vomiting at the funeral, so hope it keeps balancing the dark stuff with lightheartedness.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 06:24:59 PM by BUtterfield8 »
It's easy to laugh, it's easy to hate
It takes guts to be gentle and kind

Soulstar

• View Profile
Re: Mad Men.
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2013, 01:13:17 PM »

Yeah, can't believe this is the penultimate series so trying to savour it.  Think the first 3 episodes are still setting the groundwork. Read somewhere that the writers are going to bring it up to present day by the time the whole show is finished so wondering how it's going to go.

God, they'll have to make some quick ground up there. I imagine there'll be the obligatory markers of Apollo moon landings, 9/11 and JLS splitting up.