Author Topic: Watches  (Read 163 times)

Heinz Baked Beans

• Bringing a rose for Emily
    • View Profile
Watches
« on: May 16, 2019, 05:44:05 PM »
What watches you all sporting? I'm looking for some ideas...

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
Re: Watches
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2019, 06:07:16 PM »
If it's 60s-looking watches what you're after, here are 2 affordable numbers:

http://www.freedawatches.it:
https://www.timex.es/es_ES/explorar/colecciones/marlin/

I've got the cheapest of both Freeda models and the wind-up Marlin (I posted pics of them here). Lately Timex has issued the automathic version of the Marlin, a bit more expensive. You can search in ebay and etsy for vintage ones but most of them are either pricey or battered.

Rod

• Style in the Modern World
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2019, 06:17:47 PM »
Whatís your budget?
To avoid falling down a WIS rabbit hole, and potentially having thousands of dollars with of watches sitting in a drawer, I laid out my plans and got watches to match:

High days and holy days - Yachtmaster (grey face)
Suited and booted - Sub (smurf blue face)
Weekends - Daytona (white face)
Travel - Heuer Autavia (Black face)

The Heuer May get squeezed for wrist time as Iím on the list for the new Pepsi.

I also have a few lower budget / quartz watches, including Seiko Prospex PADI solar ($160 off eBay which I actually use for diving!) Belmoto Track Day chrono, Victorinox Maverick chrono (for the gym to time my planks!) and my late Dadís wafer thin Pulsar when Iím tuxed up!

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2019, 08:13:04 AM »
Whatís your budget?
To avoid falling down a WIS rabbit hole, and potentially having thousands of dollars with of watches sitting in a drawer, I laid out my plans and got watches to match:

I also have a few lower budget / quartz watches, including Seiko Prospex PADI solar ($160 off eBay which I actually use for diving!) Belmoto Track Day chrono, Victorinox Maverick chrono (for the gym to time my planks!) and my late Dadís wafer thin Pulsar when Iím tuxed up!

Impressive. Can't begin to picture the amount of space devoted to store clobber/accessoires at your Florida manor, Rod!

Rod

• Style in the Modern World
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2019, 01:18:08 PM »
Whatís your budget?

Impressive. Can't begin to picture the amount of space devoted to store clobber/accessoires at your Florida manor, Rod!

Haha it helps being mildly OCD (arenít we all?) so everything has its place. I also spent a lot on the Ďelfaí system in my wardrobes to maximise space!

Forgot to mention above that as I obviously lean heavily towards sports watches, as well as covering my four scenarios and having different coloured faces they cover the four basic categories of sports watches - Yachtmaster = yachting (obv), Sub = diving, Daytona = driving and Autavia (and Pepsi GMT) = flying. Iíll get a pic sorted.