Author Topic: Anyone watching ‘Pennyworth’?  (Read 533 times)

Rod

• Style in the Modern World
    • View Profile
Anyone watching ‘Pennyworth’?
« on: August 05, 2019, 11:19:17 AM »
It’s an origin story of Barman’s butler set in an alternative reality London underworld of the sixties. The main character played by Jack Bannon has the most horrific widow’s peak hairline (hope he’s saving his money for some plugs!) but is usually seen sporting some nice threads.

We’re only up to episode two and I’ve already seen him do the roll neck under a suit twice. This was a look pushed hard in the fashion pages last winter usually with a heavy tweedish suit and thick jumper but Alfred does it with sharkskin suits and thin gauge jumpers. Didn’t notice the footwear but that look is crying out for Chelsea boots. Had me trawling the internet for a nice slim fitting turtleneck although occasions to sport that look here wouldn’t be scant for me.

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone watching ‘Pennyworth’?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2019, 12:14:55 PM »
Am keen to see it but not screening anywhere here yet. More than anything shocked by how they managed to get away with using an almost exact copy of the opening bars of THE PERSUADERS! by John Barry for the theme.

The Laird of Enfield

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2019, 07:08:34 PM »
Prospect ay havin' tae watch Paloma Faith is a wee bit off-puttin'.

Woody 64

• Old fogey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2019, 06:57:26 AM »
Oi!

Leave wee Paloma alone!

My daughters first gig a few years ago..quite enjoyed it I must say. :P

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2019, 07:32:03 PM »
Good shout, Rod! I'll keep an eye on that

The Laird of Enfield

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2019, 11:00:44 PM »
Oi!

Leave wee Paloma alone!

Woody 64

• Old fogey
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2019, 02:00:44 PM »
Oi!

Leave wee Paloma alone!

Top Joker!  ;)🤣

Mutley

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2019, 02:21:34 PM »
Funnily enough I started watching this last night  - streaming on tinternet and I thought it was good enough to watch the 2nd episode later tonight.

I also found it interesting listening to some of the music choices during the first episode. If I'm not wrong Amy Whinehouse's "Back to Black" was playing in the nightclub Alfred was the doorman to and the brass band in the park scene was playing The Jam's "The Modern World". Interesting considering as Rod said it's set in the 1960's.
If you ooze masculinity, like some of us do, you have no reason to fear pink.

DrGonzo2411

• Dressing fine and making time.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2019, 03:04:52 PM »
Funnily enough I started watching this last night  - streaming on tinternet and I thought it was good enough to watch the 2nd episode later tonight.

I also found it interesting listening to some of the music choices during the first episode. If I'm not wrong Amy Whinehouse's "Back to Black" was playing in the nightclub Alfred was the doorman to and the brass band in the park scene was playing The Jam's "The Modern World". Interesting considering as Rod said it's set in the 1960's.

You got a link, Dave?
36/33 waist/leg, 46 chest, 10 shoe/boot

Rod

• Style in the Modern World
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2019, 08:22:31 PM »

They aired both episode 3 and 4 last Sunday over here. Pretty sure I heard a version of Black Sabbath’s ‘Paranoid’ in the club when the jack-the-rippers were writhing about in the background.