Author Topic: Anyone watching ‘Pennyworth’?  (Read 535 times)

detroitmike

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone watching ‘Pennyworth’?
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2019, 10:42:45 PM »
Funnily enough I started watching this last night  - streaming on tinternet and I thought it was good enough to watch the 2nd episode later tonight.

I also found it interesting listening to some of the music choices during the first episode. If I'm not wrong Amy Whinehouse's "Back to Black" was playing in the nightclub Alfred was the doorman to and the brass band in the park scene was playing The Jam's "The Modern World". Interesting considering as Rod said it's set in the 1960's.
Thanks! That tune the brass band was playing was driving me crazy! couldn't place it! :)
"War is not the answer, because only love can conquer hate..."

Mutley

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2019, 10:13:38 AM »
Funnily enough I started watching this last night  - streaming on tinternet and I thought it was good enough to watch the 2nd episode later tonight.

I also found it interesting listening to some of the music choices during the first episode. If I'm not wrong Amy Whinehouse's "Back to Black" was playing in the nightclub Alfred was the doorman to and the brass band in the park scene was playing The Jam's "The Modern World". Interesting considering as Rod said it's set in the 1960's.

You got a link, Dave?

I watch it on my Kodi setup Nick but if you don't have that up and running I suggest installing "OneBox HD" (it's for Android). Once done you can search for a load of gear, movies / tv shows etc. I checked and I found it in there.

Enjoy.
If you ooze masculinity, like some of us do, you have no reason to fear pink.

detroitmike

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2019, 02:54:08 PM »
Anyone else think the lead character is doing a "Harry Palmer" era Michael Caine acting impersonation?

Rod

• Style in the Modern World
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2019, 04:58:53 PM »
Anyone else think the lead character is doing a "Harry Palmer" era Michael Caine acting impersonation?

Yeah I get that a little bit. The Mac is in evidence too!

“As Michael Caine got older his voice got ... LET ME FINISH! ... his voice got much more nasal. She was only fifteen!”

detroitmike

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2019, 11:25:44 PM »

Yeah I get that a little bit. The Mac is in evidence too!

“As Michael Caine got older his voice got ... LET ME FINISH! ... his voice got much more nasal. She was only fifteen!”
;D ;D

DrGonzo2411

• Dressing fine and making time.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2019, 01:23:55 PM »

You got a link, Dave?

I watch it on my Kodi setup Nick but if you don't have that up and running I suggest installing "OneBox HD" (it's for Android). Once done you can search for a load of gear, movies / tv shows etc. I checked and I found it in there.

Enjoy.

Got a pimped up firestick, Dave, so should find it ok. Thanks for the other app, will stick that on our Ruby's tablet for streaming
36/33 waist/leg, 46 chest, 10 shoe/boot