Author Topic: London, Paris, Barcelona  (Read 476 times)

Crawdaddy

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Re: London, Paris, Barcelona
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2019, 11:09:27 AM »
Thanks for the Barcelona tips! I think we are going to Montserrat one day, I am out of the city another, so I have a day or two to check out the suggestions! Thanks!

I went to Salou as a kid with the family and we did a day trip to Montserrat. It’s not the kind of trip a 14year old would have a big interest in but I do recall some spectacular sights up there in the mountains. They made a big deal out of seeing the ‘Black Madonna’ and on the way back we stopped off at the Cordoniu winery which included free samples and no beef about a youngun sampling the goods.

We also did a day trip to Barcelona for the Corrida as my Dad had read Death Ian the Afternoon and having been stationed in Gibraltar with the RAF in the fifties fancied himself as a bit of an expert. I’m glad I saw it once but wouldn’t go back. We also saw the coloured fountains on the way home which was a big deal back then.

I've been born and raised in Barcelona, and, shame on me, never been to Montserrat. Just seen it from the car when driving around.
And nowadays, luckily, Corridas are forbidden in Barcelona. In fact, one of the main bullrings of the city was converted into a shopping mall some years ago.
As for restaurants and bars, just an advice: avoid like the plague those located in La Rambla, they're all trourist traps. s**tty quality and high prices.