Author Topic: Who/Quadrophenia night oan Sky Arts tonight (Sept 21st)  (Read 301 times)

The Laird of Enfield

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Who/Quadrophenia night oan Sky Arts tonight (Sept 21st)
« on: September 21, 2019, 06:52:22 PM »
Kilburn gig fae 1977 kickin' hings off.

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Re: Who/Quadrophenia night oan Sky Arts tonight (Sept 21st)
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2019, 12:22:41 PM »
I watched a good few of the programmes, both old and new, over the weekend. For good or bad I was entertained by all of them. The Bradley Wiggins thing was pretty good I thought as it covered quite a lot of ground from the 'We Are The Mods' type thing to that footage in the 'Scene' as it is now. I'll always be a fan of the film QUADROPHENIA so thoroughly welcomed the two programmes. Despite having attended a variety of events and gatherings with actors and such like seeing that line-up was lovely. Well worth a look.

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
Re: Who/Quadrophenia night oan Sky Arts tonight (Sept 21st)
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2019, 02:20:32 PM »
I watched a good few of the programmes, both old and new, over the weekend. For good or bad I was entertained by all of them. The Bradley Wiggins thing was pretty good I thought as it covered quite a lot of ground from the 'We Are The Mods' type thing to that footage in the 'Scene' as it is now. I'll always be a fan of the film QUADROPHENIA so thoroughly welcomed the two programmes. Despite having attended a variety of events and gatherings with actors and such like seeing that line-up was lovely. Well worth a look.

I've heard mainly good things about that Wiggins' special, Martin, along the inavoidable purists' rants about diluting the scene for the masses. Yawn, there we go again: mainstream media is never ever going to get it right, sure, but a bit of decent dissemination can do more good than harm, IMO, in grabbing the youngsters' interest. After that first step, it's up to them to dig deeper.