Author Topic: Mod Ghosts  (Read 179 times)

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
Re: Mod Ghosts
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2019, 03:39:17 PM »
"The cruel irony is that this time around, many ex-revival Mod parents are secretly hoping their off-spring will embrace at least something of the essential non-compliance that underpins the youth subculture. Would I be disappointed if my children did some of the things I did as a Mod in my youth? Probably. Would I be equally disappointed if they didnít? Also probably.
Iíd just like to be able to choose which ones."

Very true.

A lost (beach  ;D) battle with my teenage son, who's been abducted by the dark forces of tracksuits, trap and Instagram. Still I hope he at least digs "Quadrophenia".

Getdeeper

• View Profile
    • Mod Ghosts
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2019, 06:55:54 PM »
"The cruel irony is that this time around, many ex-revival Mod parents are secretly hoping their off-spring will embrace at least something of the essential non-compliance that underpins the youth subculture. Would I be disappointed if my children did some of the things I did as a Mod in my youth? Probably. Would I be equally disappointed if they didnít? Also probably.

Very true.

This excerpt is from the chapter I probably enjoyed writing the most.  It tries to understand what this special thing of ours means at the end of the second decade of the 21st century. Not sure I arrive at many answers but it was bloody fun having a go  :)
MOD GHOSTS
Revisiting the places and the faces
Full colour book coming October 2019

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2019, 12:08:42 PM »

Very true.

This excerpt is from the chapter I probably enjoyed writing the most.  It tries to understand what this special thing of ours means at the end of the second decade of the 21st century. Not sure I arrive at many answers but it was bloody fun having a go  :)

Not an easy answer for that, Andy, it still means a lot of different things to a lot of different persons.