Author Topic: The suits of Lee Marvin in Point Blank  (Read 1370 times)

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
Re: The suits of Lee Marvin in Point Blank
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2019, 11:27:01 AM »
Haven't seen the film, suits in the clip were all right, style wise, I preferred McQueen's look in  "Bullit" better... on another note, video host needs a trip to the barber's and a shave! ;D
Bullit is probably one of my all time favourites.  Great clothes,  great acting , great plot and superb car chase thrown in for extra excitement , l feel l must concur . What's not to like . . 
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2019, 03:33:10 PM »
Haven't seen the film, suits in the clip were all right, style wise, I preferred McQueen's look in  "Bullit" better... on another note, video host needs a trip to the barber's and a shave! ;D
Bullit is probably one of my all time favourites.  Great clothes,  great acting , great plot and superb car chase thrown in for extra excitement , l feel l must concur . What's not to like . .

Car chase is indeed superb, but I don't think "Bullitt" is that great as a movie, more a decent late 60s thriller, but McQueen is at his coolest there and Jacqueline Bisset is stunning.

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2019, 05:48:01 PM »

Car chase is indeed superb, but I don't think "Bullitt" is that great as a movie, more a decent late 60s thriller, but McQueen is at his coolest there and Jacqueline Bisset is stunning.
Sorry l neglected to mention great music provided by Lalo Shifron.  .
I do think for the time it is a great film and was probably the best car chase ever filmed at that time. It does portray a rather murky world of American crime and politics that is a bit too much , understandably , for Bissets character but overall l think even in the world of 21st century special effects , it still stands proud as a great , entertaining,  movie .  .
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!