Author Topic: Bill Nighy - Modernist  (Read 1426 times)

Robin_Wick

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Bill Nighy - Modernist
« on: January 26, 2020, 03:30:40 PM »
https://www.theguardian.com/global/2020/jan/26/bill-nighy-interview-emma-on-screen-anxiety-confidence-playlists-football-clothes?utm_term=Autofeed&CMP=twt_gu&utm_medium=&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1580028270

Very nice interview with Bill Nighy in which he calls himself a Modernist and then discusses clothes, music, football...

Seems a great guy!

Marko

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Re: Bill Nighy - Modernist
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2020, 05:15:50 PM »
Passed him in Meard Street in Soho a few years ago, he gave me an up and down look as he walked towards me with the person he was with and gave me a little nod. I was quite chuffed.

The Laird of Enfield

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2020, 06:26:34 PM »

Cannae say as ah've ever enjoyed his actin' but he seems tae huv decent taste in music n' excellent taste in jaikets.

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2020, 08:34:21 PM »
Didn't know he was a Modernist. I have seen most his acting whilst watching with my kids . I particularly like him in the movie About Time.  .
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!

Ian_B

• Old Man Ian
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2020, 01:19:55 AM »
I notice in one of the photos. Bill is wearing "trousers by Scott Fraser" (Simpson) who some may remember as having been a member of the old forum, (and a very nice chap :) )

Grammar = the difference between knowing your s**t, and knowing you're s**t!

Robin_Wick

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2020, 08:59:19 AM »
I notice in one of the photos. Bill is wearing "trousers by Scott Fraser" (Simpson) who some may remember as having been a member of the old forum, (and a very nice chap :) )

According to Scott on Facebook he's the stylist mentioned in the piece, and has known (and gently advised) Bill for years! Fancy that!

Becky_Moffitt_83

• Mod Goddess... enough said!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2020, 07:38:35 PM »
I remember reading about him being into Mod as a teenager, years ago and that in his contract, he stipulated that he will only play roles if he's wearing a suit!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/film/2017/apr/12/bill-nighy-im-not-in-any-trouble-everybody-can-relax
“The fashionable woman wears clothes. The clothes don't wear her.” Mary Quant