Linked Events

• Modesty August Bank Holiday Special 2020: August 29, 2020

Author Topic: Modesty August Bank Holiday Special 2020 - Postponed til August 2021  (Read 1709 times)

Ian_B

• Old Man Ian
    • View Profile
Modesty's Brighton August Bank Holiday Special will, of course, be returning to the Downstairs Club, Al Duomo's on Saturday 29th August, which will see the return from last year of the wonderful Mike Warburton (MG Blues), joining residents Colin Baldock, Lucas Gomersall and myself. We are very happy to announce that rising star Jake Bonnici will be playing some of his amazing collection (although, hopefully, not "Mr. Blobby”) and following last years  triumphant set by Paul Hallam,  the wonderful Richard "Shirly" Early has graciously agreed to continue the “Sneakers legends” theme with some tunes to fill the dancefloor.

As proved so popular last year, those lovely young people at Fast Way Of living will be taking over the venue for a Bank Holiday Welcome Party on Friday 28th August, where I will once again be joining Lucas Gomersall behind the decks along with top DJs & two of my favourite young people Jodie Richardson & Callum Sammon, and this year we are pleased to be joined by the legend that is Dave Edwards (Sidewinder etc.), and travelling all the way from Spain to spin some tunes for you lucky people, we are privileged to welcome Alvaro Rubio Romo.

In further exciting news ... the venue will once again be opening the upstairs bar to us on both nights from 11 (& piping the music up there) to avoid the bar issues from some previous years and as a chill out area for those of us that need an occasional sit down (none of us are as young as we once were), They have also promised us that both aircon units will actually be fully functional on both nights, this time :)

Tickets for each night will be £10 and will go on general sale in late March or early April but as a special deal for early birds you can have tickets for both nights for just £16 by paypal (as Friends/Family) to modestybrighton@outlook.com

PLEASE NOTE … The special “Early Bird deal” will only be available until 1st April (£18 for both nights thereafter), and both nights are expected to sell out early as they did last year …. “So don't be late, don't hesitate!”

All the very best and hope to see you there

PS ... PLEASE don't forget to include your postage details so I can send your tickets out !!!

paypal.me/modestybrighton

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Al+Duomo+Italian+Restaurant/@50.821993,-0.1381918,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x7c21f215a321f84f!8m2!3d50.821993!4d-0.1381918

« Last Edit: August 24, 2020, 09:14:10 AM by Ian_B »
Grammar = the difference between knowing your s**t, and knowing you're s**t!

Ian_B

• Old Man Ian
    • View Profile
Re: Modesty August Bank Holiday Special 2020 - Postponed til 2021
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2020, 09:12:53 AM »
Just realised I hadn't updated this, [I posted this on Facebook page at beginning of July)

"As most of you will have worked out from Lucas's announcement on the Fast Way of Living event last Tuesday, we have reluctantly decided to postpone the August Bank Holiday Modesty special until next year.

We took the decision with a heavy heart, but 1) the health and well-being of our friends and customers (as well as those of the venue staff DJs etc) must take priority, and 2) even with the slight lifting of lockdown, it is unlikely that we would be able to go ahead with the night in any recogniosable form

We have all the details in our spreadsheet and we can hold the these payments against tickets for next year , so, for those that have already ordered you will get your Modesty (& Fast Way of Living) Tickets for 2021 at 2020 prices

If you would prefer a refund, just email modestybrighton@outlook.com and I will arrange a refund to your paypal account ..... I would beg your patience as this may not be immediate, since I work full time for the NHS (& we are exceptionally busy at present ;))

We will start organising for August Bank Holiday 2021 as soon as there is some likelihood that safe gatherings of several hundred people will be possible.

As a token of gratitude for your continuing support and loyalty those that inform me before this year's August Bank Holiday that they wish their tickets "rolled over" will be receiving a gift in the post, so if you have moved since ordering the tickets, please let me know by IM or by email to modestybrighton@outlook.com

Please accept my sincere apologies for the delay in making this announcement, but I wanted to inform the venue and everyone involved in the event personally before making a public announcement

Thank you for all your support and friendship and hopefully see you all next year (and some of you before)."

Grammar = the difference between knowing your s**t, and knowing you're s**t!