Author Topic: Talking Pictures TV  (Read 298 times)

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
Re: Talking Pictures TV
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2020, 05:58:50 PM »
Netflix will blow your minds. ;D

Netflix used to be a good place to find foreign and Independent film maybe 5 years ago. it's turned into mostly bad in house produced series (with a few exceptions like "Ozark") and the occasional film worth watching (Roma,The Irishman).
Criterion Channel is much more interesting IMO.

I have to admit we have Netflix at home mainly for my mrs, I don't usually pay attention to it. But some series I've watched there veered from interesting to very good, and they've co-produced/hosted some stimulating documentaries, like the one about Lee Morgan.

I know the Criterion Collection as a prestigious movies reissue company, but I'm not familiar with their streaming service; moreover, don't even think my tv's equipped to watch that (it's not state-of-the-art stuff, tbh)

DrGonzo2411

• Dressing fine and making time.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2020, 11:49:26 AM »
TPTV is great, one of my only go-to channels. Lots of old gems on there, familiar and otherwise. Ealing comedies, Hammer Horror, and all sorts in between. The Small World of Sammy Lee gets an airing on there occasionally (I'm sure someone on here was lamenting not having seen it).
36/33 waist/leg, 46 chest, 10 shoe/boot

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2020, 08:39:28 AM »
TPTV is great, one of my only go-to channels. Lots of old gems on there, familiar and otherwise. Ealing comedies, Hammer Horror, and all sorts in between. The Small World of Sammy Lee gets an airing on there occasionally (I'm sure someone on here was lamenting not having seen it).

I haven't seen that, Nick! On my list, though

DrGonzo2411

• Dressing fine and making time.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2020, 04:17:07 PM »

Great film, Rafa, worth tracking down.
36/33 waist/leg, 46 chest, 10 shoe/boot

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2020, 05:31:32 PM »

Great film, Rafa, worth tracking down.

Yep, Nick, several guys whose judgement I respect (you included of course) have wholeheartedly recommended that one to me, so I guess it's worth watching