Author Topic: Mod Motobility  (Read 604 times)

philx

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Mod Motobility
« on: September 05, 2020, 03:23:58 PM »
Not looking for sympathy. Dead serious about 3 years ago I had a serious stroke . Prior to that I was very fit , No underlying health problems except I was 50% paralysed . Told I would never walk again. Come from a military family and put me in touch with a Nuero Physio guy who was originally a Battle Surgeon in the SBS.
Met up with me and said if you are prepared to put up with my method of treatment I will take you on.
This involved bending my weak arm into positions it wouldnít go to . Complete agony but the pain reactivated Brain Nuerons . Once he had me slowly walking across the gym , out of nowhere he started ramming into me . I said what the frack was that for ? He said to see if you fall over.
Now I can function normallyish but obviously at a slower pace.
A week after my stroke I got a nurse to help me shave my head and face and sideburns. I tell you this to show even at that stage how ocd about my appearance.
When I got home I was given an NHS wheelchair which I refused because it was uncool.
Sorry Iíve gone on for so long but I wanted to give you an impression of what I like. I even spent a fortune on a really cool vintage walking stick.
The other day a friend suggested getting a motobilty scooter which I turned down, I had visions of a scooter with some mirrors and foxtail stuck to it.
Then it struck me you must be able to get a decent motobily. I canít be the only mod in This situation .
So Iím asking for any solution however radical.
Thanks for reading this. Iím doing pretty well this could be the final piece in the jigsaw.

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
Re: Mod Motobility
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2020, 04:29:27 PM »
Not looking for sympathy. Dead serious about 3 years ago I had a serious stroke . Prior to that I was very fit , No underlying health problems except I was 50% paralysed . Told I would never walk again. Come from a military family and put me in touch with a Nuero Physio guy who was originally a Battle Surgeon in the SBS.
Met up with me and said if you are prepared to put up with my method of treatment I will take you on.
This involved bending my weak arm into positions it wouldnít go to . Complete agony but the pain reactivated Brain Nuerons . Once he had me slowly walking across the gym , out of nowhere he started ramming into me . I said what the frack was that for ? He said to see if you fall over.
Now I can function normallyish but obviously at a slower pace.
A week after my stroke I got a nurse to help me shave my head and face and sideburns. I tell you this to show even at that stage how ocd about my appearance.
When I got home I was given an NHS wheelchair which I refused because it was uncool.
Sorry Iíve gone on for so long but I wanted to give you an impression of what I like. I even spent a fortune on a really cool vintage walking stick.
The other day a friend suggested getting a motobilty scooter which I turned down, I had visions of a scooter with some mirrors and foxtail stuck to it.
Then it struck me you must be able to get a decent motobily. I canít be the only mod in This situation .
So Iím asking for any solution however radical.
Thanks for reading this. Iím doing pretty well this could be the final piece in the jigsaw.

Phil, you're a brave man, that's for sure: hats off to you and the efforts you've made and are still doing.

Wish I could help you with your search but truth is I even had to look what a motobility scooter was. However, I'm sure some scooter fanatic of this parish or some involved in caring of reduced mobility persons might guide you on that. Anyway, best of lucks, you deserve it.  :)

detroitmike

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Re: Mod Motobility
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2020, 01:08:36 PM »
Not sure if these are available in your neck of the woods:
"E Wheels EW-36"
"War is not the answer, because only love can conquer hate..."