Author Topic: RIP Sir Terence Conran  (Read 512 times)

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
Re: RIP Sir Terence Conran
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2020, 04:24:44 PM »

NSFW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vGK008c_rA
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2020, 04:34:20 PM »

NSFW

I see. Long while since I watched that, had totally forgotten about that scene (it's likely I was a bit stoned, tbh  ;D)

detroitmike

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2020, 07:39:05 PM »

NSFW

I see. Long while since I watched that, had totally forgotten about that scene (it's likely I was a bit stoned, tbh  ;D)

;D I was alarmed for a minute there, Simon. Wondered "what sort of people does he know??"  :o
Yeah, it's been a while for me too! Great flick, need to see it again..
"War is not the answer, because only love can conquer hate..."

Simon Bond

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2020, 08:51:35 PM »

NSFW

;D I was alarmed for a minute there, Simon. Wondered "what sort of people does he know??"  :o
Still makes me laugh , even thinking about it and l have watched it several times . ."Shut the f**k up , Donnie!" ;D ;D

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2020, 10:03:24 AM »

NSFW

Still makes me laugh , even thinking about it and l have watched it several times . ."Shut the f**k up , Donnie!" ;D ;D

Not the best Cohen bros. movie, IMO, but I had mates that identified seriously with the Dude  ::)

Simon Bond

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2020, 08:04:49 PM »

NSFW

Not the best Cohen bros. movie, IMO, but I had mates that identified seriously with the Dude  ::)

Certainly the funniest Cohen Bros movie and whilst others come close for entertainment , like Miller's Crossing or No Country for Old Men even True Grit for that matter , I can't think of one that would be particularly superior to The Big Lebowski but l am all ears. .

detroitmike

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2020, 12:25:36 AM »

NSFW

Certainly the funniest Cohen Bros movie and whilst others come close for entertainment , like Miller's Crossing or No Country for Old Men even True Grit for that matter , I can't think of one that would be particularly superior to The Big Lebowski but l am all ears. .
I like "Lebowski" well enough, but what about "Fargo", or "Oh, Brother..." ?
"War is not the answer, because only love can conquer hate..."

Simon Bond

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2020, 06:57:07 AM »

NSFW

I like "Lebowski" well enough, but what about "Fargo", or "Oh, Brother..." ?

I felt that Fargo was upstaged by the excellent TV series with Marty Freeman and Billy-Bob Thornton ( wouldn't go anywhere near season 2 though) . Oh Btother is indeed excellent and funny and bristling with great actors , John Goodman is once again superb as he is in Barton Fink of course , another classic. .

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2020, 09:55:09 AM »
My particular fave among their movies -the ones I've watched, of course- is "Barton Fink"; "Fargo" is good too, ditto "Raising Arizona" or "Blood Simple". I've always thought they're overrated anyway, can't think of a Coen Bros. film that I thought: "It's a masterpiece, period". Possibly "Lebowsky" is their more evident attempt at a pure comedy, and hence I guess it can be considered their funniest oeuvre, but you've got to be in the mood for it and I didn't consider Jeff Bridges character especially likeable, let alone identify myself with him.

Simon Bond

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2020, 01:37:51 PM »
My particular fave among their movies -the ones I've watched, of course- is "Barton Fink"; "Fargo" is good too, ditto "Raising Arizona" or "Blood Simple". I've always thought they're overrated anyway, can't think of a Coen Bros. film that I thought: "It's a masterpiece, period". Possibly "Lebowsky" is their more evident attempt at a pure comedy, and hence I guess it can be considered their funniest oeuvre, but you've got to be in the mood for it and I didn't consider Jeff Bridges character especially likeable, let alone identify myself with him.

I never got into Blood Simple , gave up on it and have never gone back . The Dude is a likeable rogue , a rough diamond if you will . I get that you don't think he is likeable but he does want save  " that poor woman" . I reckon , most of us will have met a 'Dude' at some point - . .what about the Credence?🙃