Author Topic: Long Hot Summers/Story of the Style Council  (Read 231 times)

detroitmike

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Long Hot Summers/Story of the Style Council
« on: October 07, 2020, 10:56:11 AM »
Pre Order for 3 LP collection. Looks like not much new material, alternate versions of a couple of tunes.
And looks like they skipped anything from the last "banned" House record altogether, nice packaging... also Limited Edition color vinyl sold out before I got the email >:( apparently..
https://www.recordstore.co.uk/recordstore/recordstore/Long-Hot-Summers-The-Story-of-The-Style-Council-Exclusive-Pink-Light-Blue-Orange-Vinyl/6P440000000
"War is not the answer, because only love can conquer hate..."

Chilli

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Re: Long Hot Summers/Story of the Style Council
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2020, 04:34:42 PM »
Pre Order for 3 LP collection. Looks like not much new material, alternate versions of a couple of tunes.
And looks like they skipped anything from the last "banned" House record altogether, nice packaging... also Limited Edition color vinyl sold out before I got the email >:( apparently..
https://www.recordstore.co.uk/recordstore/recordstore/Long-Hot-Summers-The-Story-of-The-Style-Council-Exclusive-Pink-Light-Blue-Orange-Vinyl/6P440000000

Mike,

I've just had a quick trawl around a few sites (which I'm sure you've done also) and everywhere seems to be sold out of the coloured vinyl edition.  I'm sure there'll be plenty on evilbay and other such sites a day or two after release for 2 or 3 times the retail price  >:(

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2020, 05:14:23 PM »

Mike,

I've just had a quick trawl around a few sites (which I'm sure you've done also) and everywhere seems to be sold out of the coloured vinyl edition.  I'm sure there'll be plenty on evilbay and other such sites a day or two after release for 2 or 3 times the retail price  >:(

Aye the original retail price was a bit modest considering the kind of money just regular vinyl commands these days . If that had been the Who selling that it would have easily have been about double that  . .
« Last Edit: October 07, 2020, 07:19:46 PM by Simon Bond »
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!

detroitmike

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2020, 06:49:22 PM »

Mike,

Exactly! Or Discogs. Or Amazon 3rd Party sellers, Or... :(
"War is not the answer, because only love can conquer hate..."