Author Topic: Excess fabric, what to do  (Read 2023 times)

detroitmike

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Re: Excess fabric, what to do
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2020, 06:38:08 PM »

You wouldn't say that if you wore prescription lenses, Coop  ;D

I have to rely on glasses more and more,GS. Just slide them a tiny bit down your nose. You'll be fine.

That's what I usually do, my friend. Still there are moments in the street, when not even a slight breeze blows, that I literally can't see my way ahead  ;D

I'm going to ask my Doc, next time I see her. She has to where them most of the day, every day, there has to be some trick.
"War is not the answer, because only love can conquer hate..."

Cooper 8686

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2020, 09:51:13 PM »
If you have enough cloth I'd go with a matching tie.  Local tailor already doing matching masks. Not for me ;)

. . .but millions of people are dying and you can catch pangolin flu from a counter or your mates or your relatives. . .

We have an old saying here, in the US: "If you don't like wearing a Mask, you're going to really hate the Ventilator" ;)

We have an old saying in Scotland , ' Learn to use your own mind before someone else uses it for you and it won't be for your benefit' ;)

No prob, Simon. I already adhere to that. ;) Nobody thinks for me, but me...

Brilliant Mike , you will have worked out then that there is no scientific validity to a mask offering any protection from a 'virus'
Just the opposite. Free Thinking doesn't mean ignoring facts and science...
To Paraphrase: "Masks YES, Matching or not".

I totally agree, I don't see what the big problem is with them anyway tbh, if they work then great if the effect is minimal its hardly a big inconvenience.

The problem is they are likely to do more harm than good , breathing in your own CO2 to name but one negative effect , oh aye , and being totally ineffective against a virus .
The current 'crisis' is full of fake science   . Don't take my word for it though go check it oot .

There hasn't been enough testing to say either way from what I've seen when it comes to protecting the wearer, but there has been tests to show that they do limit the spread of droplets from someone that has it and if those findings are acurate then thats enough for me to make them worthwhile.

Re the CO2: the face coverings people should be wearing aren't restictive enough to cause someone to inhale enough CO2 to make it harmful, or any real increase at all, as they are fairly lose fitting and have the odd gap here and there as well as letting oxygen pass through them pretty freely. N95s could limit someones oxygen intake over a prelonged period of time but they aren't what people should be wearing anyway.

But all that aside this isn't really the place either of us should be discussing this really.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2020, 09:53:29 PM by Cooper 8686 »

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2020, 09:11:11 AM »
If you have enough cloth I'd go with a matching tie.  Local tailor already doing matching masks. Not for me ;)

. . .but millions of people are dying and you can catch pangolin flu from a counter or your mates or your relatives. . .

We have an old saying here, in the US: "If you don't like wearing a Mask, you're going to really hate the Ventilator" ;)

We have an old saying in Scotland , ' Learn to use your own mind before someone else uses it for you and it won't be for your benefit' ;)

Brilliant Mike , you will have worked out then that there is no scientific validity to a mask offering any protection from a 'virus'

I totally agree, I don't see what the big problem is with them anyway tbh, if they work then great if the effect is minimal its hardly a big inconvenience.

The problem is they are likely to do more harm than good , breathing in your own CO2 to name but one negative effect , oh aye , and being totally ineffective against a virus .
The current 'crisis' is full of fake science   . Don't take my word for it though go check it oot .

There hasn't been enough testing to say either way from what I've seen when it comes to protecting the wearer, but there has been tests to show that they do limit the spread of droplets from someone that has it and if those findings are acurate then thats enough for me to make them worthwhile.

Re the CO2: the face coverings people should be wearing aren't restictive enough to cause someone to inhale enough CO2 to make it harmful, or any real increase at all, as they are fairly lose fitting and have the odd gap here and there as well as letting oxygen pass through them pretty freely. N95s could limit someones oxygen intake over a prelonged period of time but they aren't what people should be wearing anyway.

But all that aside this isn't really the place either of us should be discussing this really.
So why did you 'discuss' it then?

One day , in the not too distant future we will get to bottom of the whole China
Plague and all the false data therein. .
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!

Cooper 8686

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2020, 09:18:55 AM »

One day , in the not too distant future we will get to bottom of the whole China

I felt it needed a reply but you're right I should have left it alone, I'll stick to clothes from now on, what are your opinions on tucked in polo shirts  ;D ;)

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2020, 11:17:37 AM »

I felt it needed a reply but you're right I should have left it alone, I'll stick to clothes from now on, what are your opinions on tucked in polo shirts  ;D ;)

I get your debate suggestion is a bit tongue-in-cheek, Coop, but hey, it's interesting anyway: always untucked for me, I don't feel comfortable wearing a tucked polo, more so as 95% I own are knits, as opposed to pique cotton (but even those, for instance classic FP shirts, if they're the right length, look better untucked, IMO)

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2020, 11:18:31 AM »

You wouldn't say that if you wore prescription lenses, Coop  ;D

I have to rely on glasses more and more,GS. Just slide them a tiny bit down your nose. You'll be fine.

That's what I usually do, my friend. Still there are moments in the street, when not even a slight breeze blows, that I literally can't see my way ahead  ;D

I'm going to ask my Doc, next time I see her. She has to where them most of the day, every day, there has to be some trick.

That's very kind from you, Mike, thanks

Simon Bond

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2020, 06:16:04 PM »

I am a bit like Sydney , many of my polo shirts , like the long sleeve JS l am wearing right now , are designed to be worn untucked but l have been known to tuck in the more versatile variety of polo  as it may look sharper like that😜🤩

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2020, 06:51:18 PM »

I am a bit like Sydney , many of my polo shirts , like the long sleeve JS l am wearing right now , are designed to be worn untucked but l have been known to tuck in the more versatile variety of polo  as it may look sharper like that😜🤩

Strictly a plain polo then, Simon, not one of those striped numbers we both love.  8)

Simon Bond

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2020, 09:14:39 PM »

Strictly a plain polo then, Simon, not one of those striped numbers we both love.  8)
They seem to be made to be worn untucked 8)

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2020, 09:51:01 AM »

They seem to be made to be worn untucked 8)
[/quote]

Agree, my friend