Author Topic: Long Hot Summers: The Story of the Style Council  (Read 781 times)

Chilli

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Long Hot Summers: The Story of the Style Council
« on: October 23, 2020, 02:09:01 PM »
There seems to have been an increased focus on TSC over recent months, what with compilation albums and books, etc, well it looks like Sky are also getting in on the act.  The above documentary is scheduled for airing on the Sky Arts channel on Saturday 31st October at 9pm.  If you don't have access to the Sky Arts channel (and live in the UK) apparently it's also being aired on Freeview channel 11.

If TSC are your thing, it might be worth watching; I'll certainly be setting the record button on my old Betamax  ;)

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
Re: Long Hot Summers: The Story of the Style Council
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2020, 04:13:39 PM »
There seems to have been an increased focus on TSC over recent months, what with compilation albums and books, etc, well it looks like Sky are also getting in on the act.  The above documentary is scheduled for airing on the Sky Arts channel on Saturday 31st October at 9pm.  If you don't have access to the Sky Arts channel (and live in the UK) apparently it's also being aired on Freeview channel 11.

If TSC are your thing, it might be worth watching; I'll certainly be setting the record button on my old Betamax  ;)

My dad bought a Betamax too; there and then I knew I'd never ever win the lottery  :-\

Chilli

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2020, 01:23:58 PM »

My dad bought a Betamax too; there and then I knew I'd never ever win the lottery  :-\

;D

detroitmike

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2020, 03:28:54 PM »
Wonder if it'll ever be shown in the US?
"War is not the answer, because only love can conquer hate..."

Mo

• Turn off your mind,relax and float down stream
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2020, 08:55:22 AM »
I was never really a massive fan of the Council at the time though I did buy the singles from Speak like a Child to Wanted. Solid Bond and My Ever Changing Moods being my absolute favs. Still, looking forward to this documentary.
And my soul has been psychedelicized.

Col Wolfe

• East Anglia
    • View Profile
    • >>> Spoke Records <<<
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2020, 05:36:43 PM »
My favourite Weller era.  Looking forward to it.

hipshaker

• Welcome to the Modculture forum
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2020, 12:42:22 PM »
I thought it was a great film ..... I was fortunate enough to have seen them live but it was a very long time ago  ;)

Chilli

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2020, 12:44:56 PM »
I thought it was a great film ..... I was fortunate enough to have seen them live but it was a very long time ago  ;)

I've recorded it but haven't got round to watching it yet.  I'm hoping to get some time over the weekend to put that right.

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2020, 06:07:17 PM »

I've recorded it but haven't got round to watching it yet.  I'm hoping to get some time over the weekend to put that right.

Hope it wasn't in Betamax  ;D

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2020, 08:35:27 PM »

Hope it wasn't in Betamax  ;D
What's wrong with Betanax? You must be a VHS man .  🙃
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!