Author Topic: The Queen's Gambit  (Read 189 times)

Robin_Wick

• Just joined
    • View Profile
The Queen's Gambit
« on: January 04, 2021, 05:49:43 PM »
Anyone watched this Netflix series?

Not Mod, but some of the clothes are fantastic, and the soundtrack - Georgie Fame! Donovon! The Kinks! Shocking Blue! - is wicked too...

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
Re: The Queen's Gambit
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2021, 06:54:40 PM »
Anyone watched this Netflix series?

Not Mod, but some of the clothes are fantastic, and the soundtrack - Georgie Fame! Donovon! The Kinks! Shocking Blue! - is wicked too...

Settings and clobber (hey, Becky!!) to die for and overall entertaining series, even if chess isn't your thing. It didn't entice me as much as, say, Dracula, Black Mirror, Penny Dreadful or the last Charlie Kaufman oddity for Netflix, but it's a quality production, some leisure hours well spent.

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2021, 08:42:04 PM »
I thought it was great entertainment and there was great attention to detail from a 6ts point of view from the cars right down to the hairstyles and the colours . .
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2021, 12:13:21 PM »
I thought it was great entertainment and there was great attention to detail from a 6ts point of view from the cars right down to the hairstyles and the colours . .

In fact, sometimes it felt like showing a somewhat idealized image of the 60s, like the Las Vegas or México hotels. Yep, a delight to watch

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2021, 08:15:06 PM »

In fact, sometimes it felt like showing a somewhat idealized image of the 60s, like the Las Vegas or México hotels. Yep, a delight to watch

Indeed , it was certainly up there with The Green Book for 6ts attention to detail , l loved some of the clothes in that. .
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!

Mo

• Turn off your mind,relax and float down stream
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2021, 02:58:54 PM »
I'm definitely not a chess person butt this was really good. Some great clothes.
And my soul has been psychedelicized.