Author Topic: Pellicano Menswear  (Read 2130 times)

Ematt

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Pellicano Menswear
« on: April 06, 2021, 02:57:22 PM »
Been having a look around the Pellicano site for awhile now and one or two items have caught my eye. What has stopped me from pulling the trigger up to now, are the shirt collars, as they look a tad on the small side. Anyone had any experience with this brand, and any pointers regarding collar size and fit? 

Lord Mulberry

• Absolute Beginner
    • View Profile
Re: Pellicano Menswear
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2021, 05:48:02 AM »
They look pretty normal to me. Some of the unbuttoned collars look a little late 1970s to me and the club collar does seem small. Wouldn't say I was a fan of their shirts but I do like the plain blues and greys
Do it well

Ematt

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2021, 02:12:48 PM »
Its the jersey cotton popovers that have caught my eye and i am rather fussy about collars, a lot more than my like minded friends. I think sometimes collars can look a little smaller than they actually are when they are buttoned up, so maybe i need to take a punt.

See what you mean about the club collar Lord.

detroitmike

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2021, 01:15:25 PM »
It states the "Franco" collar shirts are 2.75" length, which is just barely long enough for my taste in a BD (3" Min).
That seems to be their longest collar point...
"War is not the answer, because only love can conquer hate..."

Rod

• Style in the Modern World
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2021, 02:53:43 PM »
It states the "Franco" collar shirts are 2.75" length, which is just barely long enough for my taste in a BD (3" Min).

I’m not sure ‘Franco’ is a great choice for the Spanish market. I can’t imagine naming a collar style the ‘Hitler’ would go down well either in certain circles. What say you Syd?

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2021, 05:12:33 PM »

I’m not sure ‘Franco’ is a great choice for the Spanish market. I can’t imagine naming a collar style the ‘Hitler’ would go down well either in certain circles. What say you Syd?

;D

I make you right, Rod, but hey there's always a niche (see what I did here?) market for things like those, albeit luckily minimal.

detroitmike

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2021, 09:09:45 PM »

Oh, I don't know Rod, there's a certain market segment in the US that would probably buy "AH" branded polos, especially if they were competitively priced with Fred Perry's... in fact you could go as far as to say they'd be "proud" to wear them ;D
"War is not the answer, because only love can conquer hate..."

Rod

• Style in the Modern World
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2021, 11:31:28 PM »

Oh, I don't know Rod, there's a certain market segment in the US that would probably buy "AH" branded polos, especially if they were competitively priced with Fred Perry's... in fact you could go as far as to say they'd be "proud" to wear them ;D

A fair point. It’s debatable whether I hadn’t thought about that set of w@nkers or whether I’ve subconsciously tried to block their existence from my mind!😄😄

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2021, 12:58:06 PM »

;D

I make you right, Rod, but hey there's always a niche (see what I did here?) market for things like those, albeit luckily minimal.

In my experience , after the Tejero attempted coup d'eta failure , Spaniards put the Franco regime into the past. Certainly , if you said the name Franco to me l am more likely to recall my Italian second cousin than Bahamonde , especially since he and his regime have been gone for almost 50yrs , though the current loss of liberty , human rights and with the recent passing of a bill in this country , loss of free speech( makes it easier for corrupt politians to lie like fuck) all tends to make Franco look like a rather incompetent amatuer as a dictator.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2021, 05:19:39 PM »

;D

In my experience , after the Tejero attempted coup d'eta failure , Spaniards put the Franco regime into the past. Certainly , if you said the name Franco to me l am more likely to recall my Italian second cousin than Bahamonde , especially since he and his regime have been gone for almost 50yrs , though the current loss of liberty , human rights and with the recent passing of a bill in this country , loss of free speech( makes it easier for corrupt politians to lie like fuck) all tends to make Franco look like a rather incompetent amatuer as a dictator.

You'd be surprised, hermano, but after 50 years there are still mindless people (who weren't even born when he was alive) here who use his name and regime as a political weapon. But I don't want to discuss politics (let alone Spanish politics) here, we'd better stick to our music and clobber passions.