Author Topic: The official Modculture football thread  (Read 115028 times)

philx

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Re: The official Modculture football thread
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2013, 02:36:58 PM »
Well we got rid of Nigel Adkins when we were on a goodish run and replaced him with Mario Pochettino. The football has improved but not necessarily the results. Demolished Man City lost to QPR.

hipshaker

• Welcome to the Modculture forum
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2013, 02:49:01 PM »
Like Darlington, Pompey have had a but if a fall. Currently in the League 1 relegation spots waiting for our 10 points deduction. League 2 next year sadly ........ But we are looking like we will be community owned at last and all the leeches and thieves gone from our club.

fire_and_skill

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2013, 03:08:17 PM »
Like Darlington, Pompey have had a but if a fall. Currently in the League 1 relegation spots waiting for our 10 points deduction. League 2 next year sadly ........ But we are looking like we will be community owned at last and all the leeches and thieves gone from our club.

Will be great for football if an historic club like Portsmouth can be fan owned.

hipshaker

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2013, 03:44:29 PM »
Yes, I think so and in looking forward to it.

However, to be fair, I wasn't complaint during our recent "glory years" but for a while there seemed no reason to be suspicious. Enjoyed about 5 trips to wembley for fa cup semis and finals and a charity shield too I think.

Won't be back for a good while I think.

beatroute66

• I Was Charles Hawtrey's Valet...
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2013, 08:49:27 PM »

Amen to that. Our CIC (Club In Community) has just taken 52% ownership of Darlo.

Modculture

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Modculture
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2013, 08:55:27 PM »
Always amazed how footie fans constantly demand more and more spending on players, but then moan about the price of tickets.

It's as if they expect the 'money fairy' to come along and pay all those transfer fees, wages etc.
Owner/dogsbody - Modculture

hipshaker

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2013, 09:45:30 PM »
thats part of the problem i think ....... massive transfer fees, wages, agents fees etc. something has to give. i'm sure we paid some ridiculous wages when we were pushing for the european spots.

hipshaker

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2013, 09:47:57 PM »
i'd like to wish you luck  ;)

i thought adkins was treated harshly, although i never warmed to him ..... came across as a bit smarmy i thought. however, it looked like the new guy added something .... although it isn't translating into results as you said.

Well we got rid of Nigel Adkins when we were on a goodish run and replaced him with Mario Pochettino. The football has improved but not necessarily the results. Demolished Man City lost to QPR.

Dancress

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2013, 08:53:50 AM »
 As a Wolves fan I think it's fair to say I don't follow "football"! Absolutely shocking couple of seasons!

Modculture

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Modculture
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2013, 08:57:28 AM »
The Championship is a funny 'ol thing this season. A few weeks back, Bolton were looking at relegation. This weekend, we could (but probably won't be) be in the play offs. Can't decide if that's a high standard or a poor standard across the board!
Owner/dogsbody - Modculture