Author Topic: The official Modculture football thread  (Read 206788 times)

Col Wolfe

• East Anglia
    • View Profile
    • >>> Spoke Records <<<
Re: The official Modculture football thread
« Reply #1250 on: May 14, 2018, 07:29:48 PM »

Not free, he signed another contract after the Barnsley fiasco. .remember SMFC LTD ,PLC have gave permission for talks to take place . Jack has been asked back for another interview so I suspect that ITFC know there is a contract to buy out. .

ETA: it sounds like the Tractor Boys prefer to have Hurst , certainly sounds like a better option  . .

Is his contract public knowledge then?  No clauses for potential suitors from the upper echelons of the English leagues?

I guess we’ll know one way or another by Friday...

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: May 14, 2018, 08:57:01 PM »

Not free, he signed another contract after the Barnsley fiasco. .remember SMFC LTD ,PLC have gave permission for talks to take place . Jack has been asked back for another interview so I suspect that ITFC know there is a contract to buy out. .

ETA: it sounds like the Tractor Boys prefer to have Hurst , certainly sounds like a better option  . .

Is his contract public knowledge then? No clauses for potential suitors from the upper echelons of the English leagues?

https://www.stmirren.com/news/club/all-news/1036-jack-ross-and-james-fowler-sign-contract-extension
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!

Col Wolfe

• East Anglia
    • View Profile
    • >>> Spoke Records <<<
« Reply #1252 on: May 14, 2018, 09:21:56 PM »

Is his contract public knowledge then? No clauses for potential suitors from the upper echelons of the English leagues?

https://www.stmirren.com/news/club/all-news/1036-jack-ross-and-james-fowler-sign-contract-extension

So in answer to my question, you don’t know 😄

Simon Bond

• View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: May 14, 2018, 09:46:44 PM »

So in answer to my question, you don’t know 😄
If you want to believe your club will have sort of get-out clause , batter in. . ;D

The Laird of Enfield

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: May 14, 2018, 10:09:14 PM »
Gentleman Jack a pundit at the play off game tonight.

Says he wants tae prove himsel' as a manager at the highest level he kin.  Make whit ye like oot ay that.

I'm not going to get into knotts about Jack's career , that is up to him but personally I think he will stay . Don't understand why Jack gets the phone call everytime a manager down saff gets the heave . Potentially , Stevie Clark has greater stock than Jack. .

Our owner has promised a change and a fresh outlook with the new manager.  We soon tired of Mick McCarthy’s boring tactics/gameplay and his disrespect for the fans.  He steadied the ship in his first season but had done fck’all since.  After the Roy Keane failure and the obviously inept Paul Jewell, we want a young, forward thinking manager as opposed to another dinosaur. 

Ross is even preferred over an old boy dream team of Burley and Butcher.

Ross’ only serious competition so far is Hurst at Shrewsbury but the club can’t begin discussions with him until they’ve played their play-off matches.

The Chairman's drink cabinet will be safer if he keeps Burley awa' fae it.

Col Wolfe

• East Anglia
    • View Profile
    • >>> Spoke Records <<<
« Reply #1255 on: May 14, 2018, 10:21:28 PM »

Says he wants tae prove himsel' as a manager at the highest level he kin.  Make whit ye like oot ay that.

I'm not going to get into knotts about Jack's career , that is up to him but personally I think he will stay . Don't understand why Jack gets the phone call everytime a manager down saff gets the heave . Potentially , Stevie Clark has greater stock than Jack. .

Our owner has promised a change and a fresh outlook with the new manager.  We soon tired of Mick McCarthy’s boring tactics/gameplay and his disrespect for the fans.  He steadied the ship in his first season but had done fck’all since.  After the Roy Keane failure and the obviously inept Paul Jewell, we want a young, forward thinking manager as opposed to another dinosaur. 

Ross’ only serious competition so far is Hurst at Shrewsbury but the club can’t begin discussions with him until they’ve played their play-off matches.

Haha - some of the stories we’ve heard... 😂

Back in the glory days the club was owned by the Cobbold family, of Tolly Cobbold breweries and every home match turned into a massive executive p!ss up.

Simon Bond

• View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: May 14, 2018, 10:24:04 PM »

Burley has a huge amount of experience to take to ITFC including international experience , far more than Rookie Ross. .

Col Wolfe

• East Anglia
    • View Profile
    • >>> Spoke Records <<<
« Reply #1257 on: May 14, 2018, 10:35:18 PM »

Burley has a huge amount of experience to take to ITFC including international experience , far more than Rookie Ross. .

He bleeds blue and white (and whiskey)

He’s applied.  I could picture him in a Director Of Football type role.  Owner Marcus Evans definitely wants a young promising manager rather than an old dog with loads of experience.

Simon Bond

• View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: May 15, 2018, 05:29:52 AM »

He bleeds blue and white (and whiskey)

He’s applied.  I could picture him in a Director Of Football type role.  Owner Marcus Evans definitely wants a young promising manager rather than an old dog with loads of experience.

If Burley was in that role I don't know if that would go down well with Ross . He likes to be his own man and have full control of the team which is probably why he told Barnsley to leg it. .

Simon Bond

• View Profile