Author Topic: The official Modculture football thread  (Read 220465 times)

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
Re: The official Modculture football thread
« Reply #1320 on: June 20, 2018, 06:55:26 AM »
So noo every team has appeared at the World Cup, wha' ur we aw impressed by?

Spain, Portugal, Belgium fur me.

Russia much better than expected. Like the big centre forward. Wi' the crowd behind them n' aw the players playin' fur the jerseys they will be hard tae beat tho' cannae see them gettin' past the quarter finals.

You forget México, Laird, they played really well against Germany, a great tactical display.

DrGonzo2411

• Dressing fine and making time.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: June 20, 2018, 07:50:56 AM »

Russia much better than expected. Like the big centre forward. Wi' the crowd behind them n' aw the players playin' fur the jerseys they will be hard tae beat tho' cannae see them gettin' past the quarter finals.

Agree with your choices, Laird, plus Mexico and I was surprised by how well England played in the first half against Tunisia. Though their profligacy in front of goal will be their undoing as the tournament progresses. If Belgium could combine their talent with the Mexicans work rate and energy, they'd be almost unplayable.
36/33 waist/leg, 46 chest, 10 shoe/boot

The Laird of Enfield

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: June 20, 2018, 12:01:21 PM »

You forget México, Laird, they played really well against Germany, a great tactical display.

Mexico ran ootay steam in the second half.

Plus ah saw thir friendly against Scotland a couple ay weeks ago, when again they made a load ay chances but couldnae take them.

Dinnae see them gaun very far n' dinnae even consider them certainties in the other twa group games.  Sweden game could still be crucial fur them.

« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 12:03:35 PM by The Laird of Enfield »

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: June 20, 2018, 12:15:06 PM »

Plus ah saw thir friendly against Scotland a couple ay weeks ago, when again they made a load ay chances but couldnae take them.

Dinnae see them gaun very far n' dinnae even consider them certainties in the other twa group games.  Sweden game could still be crucial fur them.

I admit you're right, they're a limited team, I'm mainly in thrall with the clever match their coach proposed against as powerful a team as Germany. They really overcame their limitations and that's one of football's saving graces.

The Laird of Enfield

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: June 20, 2018, 12:20:20 PM »

I admit you're right, they're a limited team, I'm mainly in thrall with the clever match their coach proposed against as powerful a team as Germany. They really overcame their limitations and that's one of football's saving graces.

Obviously ah wisnae as impressed havin' drawn Germany in the sweepstake at work.    >:(   ;D

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: June 20, 2018, 12:24:28 PM »

Obviously ah wisnae as impressed havin' drawn Germany in the sweepstake at work.    >:(   ;D

Well, to win you have to take chances  ;)

The Laird of Enfield

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: June 20, 2018, 05:04:25 PM »
Yin fur Mr Bond & Woody.

Lewis Morgan tae Leigh Griffiths in trainin'.

https://twitter.com/MuiryCeltic/status/1009427022840549377

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: June 20, 2018, 07:17:00 PM »
Yin fur Mr Bond & Woody.

To be fair , Morgan probably provided as many assists as he did goals last season. Rumour control says that Morgan will go to Sunder*and, personally , I don't care which Club he is with come the start of the season . .just as long as we have him on loan. . :D ;)
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!

The Laird of Enfield

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: June 20, 2018, 07:36:56 PM »
Yin fur Mr Bond & Woody.

To be fair , Morgan probably provided as many assists as he did goals last season. Rumour control says that Morgan will go to Sunder*and, personally , I don't care which Club he is with come the start of the season . .just as long as we have him on loan. . :D ;)

Seen a rumour that Stokesy is trainin' wi' youse.

Bad news fur any Elvis Impersonators in the Paisley area.

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: June 20, 2018, 08:47:05 PM »
Yin fur Mr Bond & Woody.

Seen a rumour that Stokesy is trainin' wi' youse.

Bad news fur any Elvis Impersonators in the Paisley area.

Training rumour is a fact , but there is something of a 18month contract to the Greek Club , maybe Alan Stubbs thinks he can get better results out of the guy. .
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!