Author Topic: The official Modculture football thread  (Read 365236 times)

The Laird of Enfield

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Re: The official Modculture football thread
« Reply #1520 on: May 19, 2020, 10:45:31 PM »

Halliday yin ay the players released fae Ibrox ah'm hearin'.

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: May 20, 2020, 06:59:48 PM »

Halliday yin ay the players released fae Ibrox ah'm hearin'.

Social distanthun  ?
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!

The Laird of Enfield

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: July 02, 2020, 11:16:35 PM »

This fitba bein' played in empty stadiums.  Ah've tried, but ah cannae take tae it.

Ma season ticket fur next season will start oot as a "virtual" effort - log in n' watch online while the match goes oan wi' nae crowd.

Hopefully ah'll feel mair involved when it's ma team playin' but worry it will be like watchin' trainin' sessions.

Simon Bond

• View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: July 03, 2020, 08:42:42 AM »

This fitba bein' played in empty stadiums.  Ah've tried, but ah cannae take tae it.

Ma season ticket fur next season will start oot as a "virtual" effort - log in n' watch online while the match goes oan wi' nae crowd.

Hopefully ah'll feel mair involved when it's ma team playin' but worry it will be like watchin' trainin' sessions.

Aye , it certainly isnae fitba as we know it . Of course with aw the PC gone daft stuff that is goin on the noo , some clubs will have nae song book left . .

Chilli

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: July 03, 2020, 08:50:30 AM »

I'm in that current predicament now Laird; it's weird and it's taking some getting used to!!

My team plays in the Championship, so we're 3 games in to the re-started season and one of the options we were given with regards to season ticket refunds was to subscribe to I-Follow for the rest of the season to be able to watch live streams of all 9 games.  It's certainly very different, and cardboard cutouts of fans is certainly no replacement for the atmosphere generated by thousands of cheering fans (or in the case of my team this season, booing fans  ;D).

Strangely enough since the restart, the team, which is now depleted because a number of players whose contracts expired on 30th June decided not to accept short-term contracts to the end of the extended season after receiving full pay for 3 months for doing f*** all (as you can see, I'm not aggrieved!!), have actually been playing better than they were before the season stopped so abruptly.  Go figure!!

Like you, I've already paid for mine and my son's season tickets for next season (we renewed in early March as part of an early bird offer), so no doubt the same offer will be made for games at the beginning of the new season up until a time when fans can be re-admitted into stadiums, whenever that might be (I'm not holding my breath!!).

Welcome to the new normal!!

Chilli 
« Last Edit: July 03, 2020, 10:56:34 AM by Chilli »

Simon Bond

• View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: July 03, 2020, 01:16:41 PM »

I'm in that current predicament now Laird; it's weird and it's taking some getting used to!!

My team plays in the Championship, so we're 3 games in to the re-started season and one of the options we were given with regards to season ticket refunds was to subscribe to I-Follow for the rest of the season to be able to watch live streams of all 9 games.  It's certainly very different, and cardboard cutouts of fans is certainly no replacement for the atmosphere generated by thousands of cheering fans (or in the case of my team this season, booing fans  ;D).

Strangely enough since the restart, the team, which is now depleted because a number of players whose contracts expired on 30th June decided not to accept short-term contracts to the end of the extended season after receiving full pay for 3 months for doing f*** all (as you can see, I'm not aggrieved!!), have actually been playing better than they were before the season stopped so abruptly.  Go figure!!

Like you, I've already paid for mine and my son's season tickets for next season (we renewed in early March as part of an early bird offer), so no doubt the same offer will be made for games at the beginning of the new season up until a time when fans can be re-admitted into stadiums, whenever that might be (I'm not holding my breath!!).

Welcome to the new normal!!

Chilli

I think that , to not hold your breath is the correct action. As far as the new normal is concerned
I would take my chances with the disease first than have that as ' normal'. .

DrGonzo2411

• Dressing fine and making time.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: July 19, 2020, 05:02:24 PM »
Leeds Utd champions and promoted back to the Premier League for the first time in 16 years. I've not been sober since Friday tea time!!! Never mind Clapton, Bielsa is God!!!
36/33 waist/leg, 46 chest, 10 shoe/boot

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: July 20, 2020, 10:26:23 AM »
Leeds Utd champions and promoted back to the Premier League for the first time in 16 years. I've not been sober since Friday tea time!!! Never mind Clapton, Bielsa is God!!!
Congrats, my friend

The Laird of Enfield

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: July 31, 2020, 05:04:38 PM »

Scott Sinclair rumoured tae huv signed fur St Mirren.