Author Topic: Whats the last item you bought?  (Read 698710 times)

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
Re: Whats the last item you bought?
« Reply #3860 on: February 12, 2018, 11:33:22 AM »

https://britac.net/en/

Based in Barcelona GS

Been on the go for years. I believe you had to call in advance if you wanted to view showroom. Don't know if that's still the case.
[/quote]

The shirts are made in Barcelona, which is a good thing in my book, and the prices are a tad below Claudio's, so I guess they're a fair deal. Britac looks really like a spanish counterpart to Brutus, more of a skinhead oriented business. I don't need another BD shirt at the moment, but I wouldn't mind trying Britac in the future.

Rod

• Style in the Modern World
    • View Profile
« Reply #3861 on: February 12, 2018, 11:36:23 AM »
A trip into town today, popped into Uniglo to look at the harringtons. Brought the Blue one (it looks very much like green to me)  https://www.uniqlo.com/uk/en/product/men-uniqlo-u-harrington-jacket-405947.html?dwvar_405947_size=SMA002&dwvar_405947_color=COL68&cgid=IDbiker2146  Also found these Merino tops, very similar (although the collars are are tiny bit smaller) to Smedley tops, but for 30 each they are a great buy i think. Brought the purple and the dark green ones https://www.uniqlo.com/uk/en/product/men-extra-fine-merino-knit-long-sleeve-polo-shirt-400625.html?dwvar_400625_size=SMA001&dwvar_400625_color=COL78&cgid=IDpullovers2219. Also brought this cardigan in Wine https://www.uniqlo.com/uk/en/product/men-extra-fine-merino-v-neck-cardigan-400620.html?dwvar_400620_color=COL19&dwvar_400620_size=SMA001&cgid=IDcardigan2217. As usual i'm very happy with Uniglo for the price I paid.

Like the look of those merino polo tops matey. Pity the colours are so demure but I got a black one a couple of years ago from there. Yet more evidence that Uniqlo shouldnt be sniffed at. I also like the collars on them. So many others sell them with huge fly away collars (AGC), these ones look much better.

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3862 on: February 12, 2018, 11:40:20 AM »
A trip into town today, popped into Uniglo to look at the harringtons. Brought the Blue one (it looks very much like green to me)  https://www.uniqlo.com/uk/en/product/men-uniqlo-u-harrington-jacket-405947.html?dwvar_405947_size=SMA002&dwvar_405947_color=COL68&cgid=IDbiker2146  Also found these Merino tops, very similar (although the collars are are tiny bit smaller) to Smedley tops, but for 30 each they are a great buy i think. Brought the purple and the dark green ones https://www.uniqlo.com/uk/en/product/men-extra-fine-merino-knit-long-sleeve-polo-shirt-400625.html?dwvar_400625_size=SMA001&dwvar_400625_color=COL78&cgid=IDpullovers2219. Also brought this cardigan in Wine https://www.uniqlo.com/uk/en/product/men-extra-fine-merino-v-neck-cardigan-400620.html?dwvar_400620_color=COL19&dwvar_400620_size=SMA001&cgid=IDcardigan2217. As usual i'm very happy with Uniglo for the price I paid.

Like the look of those merino polo tops matey. Pity the colours are so demure but I got a black one a couple of years ago from there. Yet more evidence that Uniqlo shouldnt be sniffed at. I also like the collars on them. So many others sell them with huge fly away collars (AGC), these ones look much better.

Yes, the collars are just right, IMO. Some of the old italian knitwear (and the nowadays repros) have excessive collars, at least for small faces.

Rod

• Style in the Modern World
    • View Profile
« Reply #3863 on: February 12, 2018, 12:21:47 PM »
Yeah. Think Jimmy at the house party in Quadrophenia. Always spoilt the look for me.

The Laird of Enfield

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #3864 on: February 13, 2018, 06:45:16 PM »
Oan the subject ay the Britac shirts ah've considered them in the past, but read some terrible reviews ay them sayin' the cloth is awfy flimsy.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 02:43:12 AM by The Laird of Enfield »

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #3865 on: February 13, 2018, 07:30:45 PM »
Oan the subject ay the Britain shirts ah've considered them in the past, but read some terrible reviews ay them sayin' the cloth is awfy flimsy.

Do you mean Britac ? I have never heard anyone mention the quality of them before which led me to believe they wurnae that gid. .
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!

The Laird of Enfield

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #3866 on: February 14, 2018, 02:42:24 AM »
Oan the subject ay the Britain shirts ah've considered them in the past, but read some terrible reviews ay them sayin' the cloth is awfy flimsy.

Do you mean Britac ? I have never heard anyone mention the quality of them before which led me to believe they wurnae that gid. .

Aye Britac - wis oan an iPad wi' that autocorrect nonsense installed.

Trotsky

• Ah yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #3867 on: February 15, 2018, 10:05:54 AM »
I've got a couple of Britac shirts and I like them. The fabric is lightweight but they are well made. Their website is a bit hard to navigate through quickly but the variety of colours are really good. Well worth a visit imo.
Life is too short to listen to s**t music

The Laird of Enfield

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #3868 on: February 15, 2018, 03:05:02 PM »
I've got a couple of Britac shirts and I like them. The fabric is lightweight but they are well made. Their website is a bit hard to navigate through quickly but the variety of colours are really good. Well worth a visit imo.

Aye the colours are good which is whit made me consider them in the first place.

Like ah said only quotin' reviews ah'd read before but interestin' tae hear a different opinion fae somebody oan here.

Whit is the sizin' like mate?

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #3869 on: February 15, 2018, 06:46:03 PM »

Interesting data Leon , I have never heard of anyone buying from them before . Thanks for that. .
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!