Author Topic: Whats the last item you bought?  (Read 838877 times)

Woody 64

• Old fogey
    • View Profile
Re: Whats the last item you bought?
« Reply #4320 on: March 01, 2019, 10:18:34 AM »
nae chance of fitting you Paddy.  ;D

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #4321 on: March 01, 2019, 11:53:13 AM »
Glad you guys give it a thumbs up. Of course given the issues of late it does seem to have brought many of us closer together. Lovely stuff in my opinion. Will certainly put this out there if no good for me.

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4322 on: March 01, 2019, 12:21:13 PM »
Keep fingers crossed so it fits you, Mart, I can't think of a better home for that beauty.

@Rod, if I recall correctly, PCampbell number had a louder check, but it was nice too!

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4323 on: March 01, 2019, 03:52:33 PM »
Some of you'll remember this linen (hence the creases)/cotton popover shirt/polo from the 2018 surf collection of LVC. I fancied it but it didn't make it to the sales in my size, so I thought it was lost forever (in fact, the ones for sale now in ebay are mostly M sizes), but I've found this S discounted in Yoox and jumped at the chance. Even with the reduction, it's been a bit above my price's threshold for a polo/shirt, but I really like its west coast retro vibe. Next, a pair of cord surf shorts.

Only quibble with this is the care tags forbid to wash it  :o Being linen/cotton and a summer shirt, no way I'm not going to wash it, any advice? (maybe LVC are just playing safe, after all)

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #4324 on: March 01, 2019, 04:28:30 PM »
Like that mate. Very much late '50s thing going on. Never heard of the Not Wash care instruction though. Be careful. Glad you nabbed it at a price you are kinda happy with.

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4325 on: March 01, 2019, 04:56:04 PM »
Like that mate. Very much late '50s thing going on. Never heard of the Not Wash care instruction though. Be careful. Glad you nabbed it at a price you are kinda happy with.

Cheers, Mart. I'm a bit worried about the "No wash" thing, I mean, it's a f*****g short sleeves shirt, am I supposed to take it to the cleaners? Bet 50s surfers had ruined hundreds of shirts like these by the end of the summer!  ;D

Essexmark

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #4326 on: March 01, 2019, 05:05:55 PM »
If you can't wash it does that mean you can't even get caught in the rain?! It's linen, not paper. I'd stick it in a cold hand wash. Nice though Rafa, I think the creasing would get to me though

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4327 on: March 01, 2019, 06:36:09 PM »
If you can't wash it does that mean you can't even get caught in the rain?! It's linen, not paper. I'd stick it in a cold hand wash. Nice though Rafa, I think the creasing would get to me though

Thanks, Mark, exactly my thoughts. Well, it might sound heresy, but I think I don't mind a bit of creasing in this shirt, it adds a beach bum vibe.

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #4328 on: March 01, 2019, 07:42:42 PM »

Thanks, Mark, exactly my thoughts. Well, it might sound heresy, but I think I don't mind a bit of creasing in this shirt, it adds a beach bum vibe.

Yeah Sydney , the problem with washing is more likely creasing . So, just iron it when it is still damp and Robert is your mums brother as they say. .
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4329 on: March 01, 2019, 08:15:21 PM »

Yeah Sydney , the problem with washing is more likely creasing . So, just iron it when it is still damp and Robert is your mums brother as they say. .

Thanks, pal, linen is hell to iron, but it's got to be washed.