Author Topic: Whats the last item you bought?  (Read 968840 times)

WayneK

• View Profile
Re: Whats the last item you bought?
« Reply #170 on: April 12, 2013, 11:26:12 AM »
Quite a few Pantherellas from Woods of Shropshire.

DrGonzo2411

• Dressing fine and making time.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 12, 2013, 01:06:24 PM »
A waisted jacket from Barbour, sort of a hybrid between a Liddesdale quilted jacket and a flight jacket in my eyes, might not be to everyones taste but nice for a casual jacket. It fits a lot more snug that the photo and I liked the pockets on the breast, nowhere near that puffy when worn either ha.

http://www.barbourbymail.co.uk/Mens-Barbour-Bow-Quilted-Jacket.html  - the navy one.

Not normally a Barbour fan, Steve, but that's a nice jacket. Could see me wearing one of those on the scooter if/when milder weather appears!

A quilted jaiket fur the milder weather?   ???

Whit ye wearin' noo?

a great big feck off parka. And long johns!!  ;)
36/33 waist/leg, 46 chest, 10 shoe/boot

Bespoke Gent

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 12, 2013, 05:48:58 PM »

Just bought these . . . Nice an casual for the summer.

M
Likes: Peter Harland Tailors - DC Bespoke Shirts - DNA GROOVE - Fender Telecaster Guitars

BrianB

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 12, 2013, 06:39:34 PM »

Just bought these . . . Nice an casual for the summer.

M

Love these! Who's the maker, if you don't mind me asking?
Initials B.B.

Bespoke Gent

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 12, 2013, 06:45:48 PM »
They are Nicolas Deakins. M
Likes: Peter Harland Tailors - DC Bespoke Shirts - DNA GROOVE - Fender Telecaster Guitars

Bingo Accent

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 13, 2013, 01:32:50 PM »
Just placed an optimistic order for some vintage shades off Etsy...

A bit of a risk given that I've got a massive heeed, and glasses often end up splayed out on me, rather like a certain cartoon detective's side-kick...

Ken Gee

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 13, 2013, 02:56:16 PM »

A bit of a risk given that I've got a massive heeed, and glasses often end up splayed out on me, rather like a certain cartoon detective's side-kick...

Well played, BA. These are one of the classic 60s frames for shades (in my opinion).

I've had a pair of Savile Row Berwicks [ http://www.algha.com/collections/berwick-dominor/OSRC15/ ] with photochromatic lenses for more than 20 years. I've tried lots of other shades in that time, but always go back to my Berwicks. Here they are in their "clear" state:

Bingo Accent

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 13, 2013, 04:22:25 PM »

Well played, BA. These are one of the classic 60s frames for shades (in my opinion).

I've had a pair of Savile Row Berwicks [ http://www.algha.com/collections/berwick-dominor/OSRC15/ ] with photochromatic lenses for more than 20 years. I've tried lots of other shades in that time, but always go back to my Berwicks. Here they are in their "clear" state:

I'm really hoping they look good on.

I had a similar pair (think Weller circa Above The Clouds) that got left on the dashboard of the car, as I bailed out when the engine went on fire. Wore them with crazed lenses for a while  8) but have been on the search for 'the ones' for years.

Have found 'nearly the ones' many times, but they tend to have too-small lenses or be slightly wrap-around, which looks wrong on me.

Fingers crossed....

There was another cheaper pair their on Etsy, that might be a bargain for someone - http://www.etsy.com/listing/127945827/1980s-deadstock-vintage-metallic-gold?ref=shop_home_feat

GoldenGaze_85

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 14, 2013, 08:06:25 AM »
Replaced my Clarks Desert boots after about 5 years of service, look at the state of the old ones, it was raining badly yesterday so they don't normally look that bad! Oddly I had to buy 1/2 a size up.

ED-49 Regular Relaxed Dry 13.5oz

Ken Gee

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 14, 2013, 08:33:37 AM »
Oddly I had to buy 1/2 a size up.

I think somebody on here mentioned Clarks changing their sizing recently. Or maybe I read it elsewhere.
I've always been a 1/2 size smaller in Clarks than most other shoemakers - maybe they've decided to standardize in line with everyone else...