Author Topic: Whats the last item you bought?  (Read 700687 times)

detroitmike

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Re: Whats the last item you bought?
« Reply #3760 on: January 11, 2018, 09:32:36 PM »
love those shirts, Mutley. I've been gun shy about buying his shirts though... just a matter of figuring out my correct size.

As far as the cardi look goes... I have a couple of them, but I have to be very careful wearing them at my age  ;D
mod in Detroit

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #3761 on: January 11, 2018, 09:54:53 PM »
I better not wear mine to Troon Rally in May in case you don't talk to me....then again  :) :P

No problem Woody , feel free to wear it . . then again  :P
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!

dazlcfc

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #3762 on: January 12, 2018, 10:42:56 AM »
love those shirts, Mutley. I've been gun shy about buying his shirts though... just a matter of figuring out my correct size.

As far as the cardi look goes... I have a couple of them, but I have to be very careful wearing them at my age  ;D

I had that problem too, tried different ones, none of them fitted to my standard.  Plus I felt the collar was just too large for someone with a small face. 
Not stuck in the 60's

detroitmike

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #3763 on: January 12, 2018, 11:59:03 AM »

I had that problem too, tried different ones, none of them fitted to my standard.  Plus I felt the collar was just too large for someone with a small face.
I can handle the collars, sleeve length/chest width is usually the problem if I try to buy my correct neck size
mod in Detroit

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3764 on: January 12, 2018, 12:05:42 PM »
I got a bit trigger happy today and ordered these from Claudio:

Bravo! Looks like 2017 was a good year for you business-wise, Mutley. Four DNAs in a row! Liking the 3rd one most.

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3765 on: January 12, 2018, 12:10:12 PM »

I can handle the collars, sleeve length/chest width is usually the problem if I try to buy my correct neck size

There should be no problem with the sleeves, Mike, as long as you've got a good seamstress, that is. I end up shortening 95 % of my shirts' sleeves, for just a few quids. Chest width is a more serious affair, I'm afraid.

DNA collars always seem bigger in their pics, IMO.

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #3766 on: January 12, 2018, 12:50:19 PM »

There should be no problem with the sleeves, Mike, as long as you've got a good seamstress, that is. I end up shortening 95 % of my shirts' sleeves, for just a few quids. Chest width is a more serious affair, I'm afraid.

DNA collars always seem bigger in their pics, IMO.

Nearly all my new shirts pay a visit to the tailoress, however none of my DNAgroove ones needed to go , maybe because I'm about the same size as Claudius. . :D
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!

Trotsky

• Ah yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #3767 on: January 12, 2018, 03:39:24 PM »
Regarding DNA - pull that trigger Mike, they are beautiful shirts. I normally get shirts made but the fabrics he gets are just impossible to find and I've looked all over London. His XL fits me just right and I love those collars. I wish there were other shirt makers who made similar style shirts but Claudio has a monopoly.
I just wish he'd do less popovers and return to proper shirts. (hee hee)
Life is too short to listen to s**t music

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3768 on: January 12, 2018, 04:32:32 PM »
After searching for them through Manhattan, even Brooklyn, to no avail, I finally found them in a UK webshop for a very reasonable price

Classic PF Flyers hi-top trainers, I know they're more of an Ivy League/US college staple than mod, but as some pics attest to they're not alien to our fraternity either. I could have gone the easy route of Chuck Taylor All Stars, but then everyone and his cousin sports them and the devil's in the details, innit?

I hope these look enough youthful to you, Mr. Bond. You don't see many pensioners down here knocking around in basketball boots!

Essexmark

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #3769 on: January 12, 2018, 05:32:49 PM »
Those shirts look great Mutley. I pulled the pin on my first DNA shirt this week too (Lilac Gingham with white collar and cuffs). Mike, I was wary of the sizing but contacted Claudio who couldn't have been more helpful. GS, those Flyers look great mate. Very Ivy, and something I hadn't considered before.