Author Topic: Whats the last item you bought?  (Read 679140 times)

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
Re: Whats the last item you bought?
« Reply #3770 on: January 12, 2018, 07:20:08 PM »
Those shirts look great Mutley. I pulled the pin on my first DNA shirt this week too (Lilac Gingham with white collar and cuffs). Mike, I was wary of the sizing but contacted Claudio who couldn't have been more helpful. GS, those Flyers look great mate. Very Ivy, and something I hadn't considered before.

Cheers, Mark. You're right about Claudio, a true gent and always doing his utmost to make customers happy. If I were you, Mike, I wouldn't doubt checking measurements with him.

Re, the Flyers, I needed a replacement for my Sperry CVOs, fancied hi-tops this time and did a little research about classic US trainers. The ones I liked the most were the PF Flyers, but they're not easy to come by. Luckily I finally found them. If you're interested, here's the shop:

https://www.kafka.co.uk/browse/Mens/b-PFFlyers-686/

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #3771 on: January 12, 2018, 07:26:43 PM »
Do like the DNA shirts. Understand totally reticence to pay big money for a shirt on-line but if some of you are hitting the target on them in terms of sizing fair play. I have short arms (and long pockets) so paying for alterations is a regular thing for me with jackets and stuff may need to enquire on shirt sleeves shortening with my lady too. Love those bigger collars too. GS Smashing pair of pumps mate. I rarely wear trainers or whatever and when I do it's generally Converse or Sperry Topsiders but these look ace mate. May need to investigate.

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3772 on: January 12, 2018, 07:51:54 PM »
@Martin, those are classic US basketball boots, think Converse, Keds and the like, but pretty unknown in Europe. Some years ago, New Balance acquired the company, but they seem to keep a low profile for them, with sh**ty supply. In fact, the webstore just offers shipping Stateside. Kafka UK stocks some tasty pairs and right now they're still discounted.

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #3773 on: January 12, 2018, 09:14:57 PM »
After searching for them through Manhattan, even Brooklyn, to no avail, I finally found them in a UK webshop for a very reasonable price

Classic PF Flyers hi-top trainers, I know they're more of an Ivy League/US college staple than mod, but as some pics attest to they're not alien to our fraternity either. I could have gone the easy route of Chuck Taylor All Stars, but then everyone and his cousin sports them and the devil's in the details, innit?

I hope these look enough youthful to you, Mr. Bond. You don't see many pensioners down here knocking around in basketball boots!
Nice boots Sydney , however these are the other end of the spectrum , my kids wear those kind of boots , so youthful a plenty . I'm in the middle myself. .

Plenty of pensioners around here are in trainers. .

Maybe my kids would be impressed if l wore them . .then again
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 01:43:21 PM by Simon Bond »
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3774 on: January 13, 2018, 11:16:18 AM »

Here too, but not those, more of the following kind, lol:

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #3775 on: January 13, 2018, 01:46:15 PM »

Here too, but not those, more of the following kind, lol:

I don't think l have seen the shoes in the top pic before but the baffies are the ones that l wear all the time, obviously. . :P . .just ask the Laird. .
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!

The Laird of Enfield

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #3776 on: January 14, 2018, 12:30:04 AM »
Quote from: greenstreet link=more of the following kind, lol:

[img
https://i.imgur.com/FLBwppL.jpg?1[/img]

Bottom pair look comfier fur dancin' in than the pointy efforts ye pasted oan the other thread.         :P   

The Laird of Enfield

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #3777 on: January 14, 2018, 12:35:10 AM »
For the most part i`ve never rated Wellers` clobber after The Style Council, but i have to say from maybe 2014 on, he`s turned things around in my opinion.

If only he wid dae somehing aboot his stupit barnet.

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3778 on: January 14, 2018, 11:41:39 AM »
Quote from: greenstreet link=more of the following kind, lol:

[img
https://i.imgur.com/FLBwppL.jpg?1[/img]

Bottom pair look comfier fur dancin' in than the pointy efforts ye pasted oan the other thread.         :P

I concur, but you got to suffer to look good.

detroitmike

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #3779 on: January 14, 2018, 12:59:31 PM »
love those shirts, Mutley. I've been gun shy about buying his shirts though... just a matter of figuring out my correct size.

As far as the cardi look goes... I have a couple of them, but I have to be very careful wearing them at my age  ;D

I had that problem too, tried different ones, none of them fitted to my standard.  Plus I felt the collar was just too large for someone with a small face.
I can handle the collars, sleeve length/chest width is usually the problem if I try to buy my correct neck size

There should be no problem with the sleeves, Mike, as long as you've got a good seamstress, that is. I end up shortening 95 % of my shirts' sleeves, for just a few quids. Chest width is a more serious affair, I'm afraid.

DNA collars always seem bigger in their pics, IMO.

I have the opposite problem, GS. I need a longer sleeve. Like a 34", most shirts come in the 32-33" range I've noticed... I'm eyeing one on Claudio's site, just may take a shot...
mod in Detroit