Author Topic: Whats the last item you bought?  (Read 736495 times)

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
Re: Whats the last item you bought?
« Reply #3990 on: May 17, 2018, 11:09:55 AM »
Nice fit on that G9, Rod. I like the colour too, and the entry in your blog is pretty interesting.

Back on track, another "physical" purchase for me, a summer cap. I was in doubt between this striped number...

... and the one I've finally acquired:

Both are 100% cotton (minus the lining) and by prestigious belgian brand "City Sport". I really like both, and maybe later I'll get me the striped one, but it somehow looks more casual & difficult to match.

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3991 on: May 17, 2018, 11:12:07 AM »
However I count myself fortunate to have met or heard in conversation many of those guys over the last 25 or so years and invariably they are dressed terribly.

Proof if there ever was needed that this time and age lacks style, while the late 50s-early 60s were full of it.

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #3992 on: May 17, 2018, 12:28:03 PM »
Both caps look decent mate and I'd be happy with either when the need to wear one arises but as you say patterns can pose a problem. I usually go for plain when I have to.

The old astronauts do seem to look like Grandfathers now wearing outrageous patterned sweaters and trainers that members of their family by them at Christmas or for comfort. I am sure this is absolutely what they are but it is ironic when you see how great they look back in old '60s photos. Double-y so when the gear will look bang on appropriate to a guy in his 70s or even 80s.

leeboy

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #3993 on: May 17, 2018, 01:44:31 PM »

Dropped from 36" waist to a 30" - feels a bit odd - haven't been this size since I was a teenager!

Wow, that diet really works!

Certaintly does- not too difficult either - now I have hit target weight I just stick with it during the week and have a couple of glasses of wine at the weekend and a few otherwise off limits snacks - dont know why I left until my mid fifties!

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3994 on: May 17, 2018, 03:28:53 PM »

Dropped from 36" waist to a 30" - feels a bit odd - haven't been this size since I was a teenager!

Certaintly does- not too difficult either - now I have hit target weight I just stick with it during the week and have a couple of glasses of wine at the weekend and a few otherwise off limits snacks - dont know why I left until my mid fifties!

I think at our age we begin to take health issues seriously, that might be a reason, a good one at that.

Ematt

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #3995 on: May 17, 2018, 03:30:11 PM »
Being in decent physical nick is a big one for me, these guys running around with a gut hanging over their tapered trousers look anything but sharp.

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3996 on: May 17, 2018, 03:44:26 PM »
Being in decent physical nick is a big one for me, these guys running around with a gut hanging over their tapered trousers look anything but sharp.

I totally agree. You can dress in style with a few extra pounds on, sure, but clothes will look better on you if you keep fit. BTW, that was a topic in the early MC forum mk 2 days, time to remember...

Mark1966

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #3997 on: May 17, 2018, 05:40:48 PM »

Did Slimmers World myself last year and dropped 2 stone pretty quickly, some has crept back on over the winter so am starting back again. Definitely works but I struggled once I achieved my target weight.

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #3998 on: May 17, 2018, 08:14:28 PM »

Two of the biggest enemies for any Mod , I think , are baldness and overweightness . I have a diet that is a detoxt that isn't really about weight loss but you do lose weight to some extent, the good thing being you don't fling all the weight back on again when you stop the detox. As for baldness , that is more to do with adapting a hair style to suit. .
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!

dazlcfc

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #3999 on: May 17, 2018, 08:27:38 PM »
Have to say although I'm sure a structured diet works for a lot of people.  I lost a similar amount, went from around a stocky 38 to around 30/32 waist by simply eating a bit better  and exercising more.

I never weighed myself, never stuck to certain foods, and I've kept the weight off for years too.

I think there's too mad fan diets that probably aren't very healthy and a lot of people simply put the weight back on.
Not stuck in the 60's