Author Topic: Whats the last item you bought?  (Read 720330 times)

Robin_Wick

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Re: Whats the last item you bought?
« Reply #4090 on: July 05, 2018, 08:50:51 PM »
Robin any pics mate. Sounds very decent.

I'll try and upload a pic at the weekend!

Lord Mulberry

• Absolute Beginner
    • View Profile
« Reply #4091 on: July 10, 2018, 04:39:55 PM »
Got meself a broad banded Breton polo shirt in navy and white, navy collar and cuffs
Do it well

ColinGlasgow

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #4092 on: July 12, 2018, 03:00:22 PM »
Couple of bits in the Pretty Green sale
Liberty print popover £120 down to £40
Brown suede trucker jacket £330 down to £132
Don't know why anyone would pay full price of £450 as you know they will be available for a fraction of the price in a couple of months

detroitmike

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #4093 on: July 12, 2018, 06:29:18 PM »
Couple of bits in the Pretty Green sale
Liberty print popover £120 down to £40
Brown suede trucker jacket £330 down to £132
Don't know why anyone would pay full price of £450 as you know they will be available for a fraction of the price in a couple of months

Nice score on that suede trucker, I paid twice that for a Levi's one years ago...
mod in Detroit

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4094 on: July 18, 2018, 11:50:48 AM »
Another summer cap for my growing collection:

I know they're not everybody's cuppa and they've got little to do with Mod (though there's a case to be made for their links to Ivy League and the "nouvelle vague"), but I reckon these particular caps are a bargain: made in Spain, 100% cotton (except for the minimal lining, that is) and you can choose among beige, pink, blue and green (Laird approved, lol) stripes, for just 19 Ä!

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4095 on: July 24, 2018, 06:09:02 PM »
Another classic that goes off of the "wants list" for good: Ralph Lauren made in Portugal seersucker trousers with 14,5" bottoms width. Not exactly cheap (87 Ä), but still far from the original price tag.

One detail I love is the fairly high rise, a trait that has grown on me since last years. Another is that they match more or less my seersucker jacket, so I'll have a seersucker suit when needed.

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #4096 on: July 24, 2018, 08:23:44 PM »
Another classic that goes off of the "wants list" for good: Ralph Lauren made in Portugal seersucker trousers with 14,5" bottoms width. Not exactly cheap (87 Ä), but still far from the original price tag.

One detail I love is the fairly high rise, a trait that has grown on me since last years. Another is that they match more or less my seersucker jacket, so I'll have a seersucker suit when needed.

Nice strides , mi hermano. l love seersucker , fairly rare nowadys. .
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!

Rod

• Style in the Modern World
    • View Profile
« Reply #4097 on: July 24, 2018, 09:14:44 PM »
Looking good Syd. Iíve been contemplating a pair of these myself. Forgot to search them out when I was in the RL shop in the outlet mall the other week.

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4098 on: July 25, 2018, 09:41:32 AM »
Looking good Syd. Iíve been contemplating a pair of these myself. Forgot to search them out when I was in the RL shop in the outlet mall the other week.

Got them in the RL EU sales, Rod, but I'm pretty sure they'll end up in their US outlets in due course. Anyway, I guess it's fairly easy to find fine seersucker strides down Florida (it's a southern thing if I'm not mistaken, with even a "national seersucker day"!). As I stated, the high rise is the icing on the cake.

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4099 on: July 25, 2018, 09:43:37 AM »

Nice strides , mi hermano. l love seersucker , fairly rare nowadys. .

Cheers, mr. Bond. In fact, these trousers had been on my list for years, they're very unusual in Europe.