Author Topic: Whats the last item you bought?  (Read 963168 times)

detroitmike

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Re: Whats the last item you bought?
« Reply #4660 on: March 24, 2020, 12:52:16 PM »
That's part of the "oversized" garments trend of last years. Look at the high street brands' webstores: skinny, undernourished models wearing shirts and trousers that look like tents on them. Slightly more bearable than the "muscle fit" look

Reminds me of the 80's, oversized shoulders and boxy fit jackets and trousers... David Byrne suits!
"War is not the answer, because only love can conquer hate..."

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4661 on: March 24, 2020, 04:25:11 PM »
That's part of the "oversized" garments trend of last years. Look at the high street brands' webstores: skinny, undernourished models wearing shirts and trousers that look like tents on them. Slightly more bearable than the "muscle fit" look

Reminds me of the 80's, oversized shoulders and boxy fit jackets and trousers... David Byrne suits!

You have a point, Mike, the 80s were a sartorial nightmare, excepting the revivalists youngsters, of course  8)

pie and mash

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #4662 on: March 24, 2020, 11:47:18 PM »
They look fine apart from those wonky pockets. Never been a fan of unmatched breast pocket and not cutting the placket on the bias is I suppose a cost saving but should be done IMO. Fit and cloth looks nice though.  ;)

Agreed unmatched pockets are awful.

Just a matter of personal taste , obviously a striped shirt ,the pocket should match , but a window pane check ,shouldn`t , in my opinion .

Rod

• Style in the Modern World
    • View Profile
« Reply #4663 on: March 25, 2020, 12:50:37 AM »
I just bought a triple patch windowpane jacket from a catalogue. After I made the purchase I saw from the catalogue pics that the chest pocket looked like it had really wonky pattern matching as the dart runs up through there throwing off the verticals. I was concerned about mine but when it arrived it really wasnít bad. You donít have that issue so much with a welted chest pocket.
Itís at the tailors now so Iíll post pics whenever the curfew is lifted and I can get back down there and pick it up!

pie and mash

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #4664 on: March 25, 2020, 06:38:59 PM »

You have a point, Mike, the 80s were a sartorial nightmare, excepting the revivalists youngsters, of course  8)

What about the Casuals Rafa ?

Bill The Pill

• View Profile
« Reply #4665 on: March 26, 2020, 01:45:14 AM »
Dead-stock red/white Breton from Ham Yard Vintage,very nice.

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4666 on: March 26, 2020, 12:26:10 PM »
Dead-stock red/white Breton from Ham Yard Vintage,very nice.

Could we see a pic of that, Bill?

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4667 on: March 26, 2020, 12:27:23 PM »

What about the Casuals Rafa ?

You have a point, Johnny. Not my style, that's for sure, but somewhat a return to form.

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4668 on: March 26, 2020, 12:31:51 PM »
I've finally managed to get me one of the infamous Uniqlo U long sleeved cotton polos, the last in my size. The attention focus here is obviously the collar, that looks proper vintage amidst the current sea of micro-collars on offer. Colour is great to match too:

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #4669 on: March 26, 2020, 12:44:28 PM »
I've finally managed to get me one of the infamous Uniqlo U long sleeved cotton polos, the last in my size. The attention focus here is obviously the collar, that looks proper vintage amidst the current sea of micro-collars on offer. Colour is great to match too:

Nice one Sydney . Looks like a good purchase . Personally , l just have too many of them(long sleeve polos with decent collars) at the moment ;D
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!